TNR: 2008 Ghost Block cab

Anyone had this? I’ve never had a Ghost Block and took a flyer on an '08 for $46. Wondering what to expect when it arrives in the fall…

Thanks,
Andy

No?

It was hugely popular a couple of years ago. I haven’t tried the '08 but have some '06 and '07. Pretty good for the price, but there are others that are just as good in that range. The '06 was a bit hot at first, but that blew off. I haven’t tried it in a least a year and I have two more. It’s pretty widely sold so I found no need to buy direct and pay shipping.

Its fine. I had the 2007 at a 2007 cab tasting that I hosted. It performed fairly well against a ton of the fairly big name 2007s. It is not exceptionally smooth, or exceptionally complex, but it is pretty good napa cab for $50. It probably falls somewhere in the 89-91 point range. I haven’t had the 2008 though.

We tried this a few years back after Rick at Rick’s wine bar was raving about it. I found it to be big, ripe and smokey, not bad at all, but lacking elegance and precision. Agree with K John Joseph’s 89-91 point range.