Dehlinger '06 Claret & '07 Cab

Had with rib-eyes last night.

'06 Claret still fairly tightly wound up and with good acidity, so will sit on these for awhile.

'07 Cab…Tommy-D has done it again. Dark fruits, cocoa, unbelievabley drinkable from the get-go, incredible
balance with a rich, lush, mouth-feel without being over the top.

Some of the finest Cab I have had comes from Dehlinger.

Bravo.

You would have loved the Cab retrospective Tom did last year. Several recent versions of Cab and Claret, back to 2001, and a 95. All were very good to excellent, the star of the show was the 2001 Reserve Cab. 2003 Claret was also showing beautifully.
Cheers

Opened the '97 (regular bottling, not the reserve) and the '05 at dinner last week and both were delicious. The '97 was certainly near a peak with beautifully integrated flavors while the '05 was still a pup. It was great tasting them side by side as you could clearly see that the '05, while delicious, was going to get even better if it followed the path of the '97.

Planning on opening a '95 Bordeaux Blend soon.

T which 07 was was this?

I have limited my consumption to 2004 and 2005 Claret while the Cab sleeps.

When we were at the winery last month we tasted the 2008 Claret which was also good. I asked Carmen how Tom came to plant Cabernet in Russian River way back when and she said a friend thought it would do well there. Well indeed.

T-Bone you are my hero.

Dehlinger blowout at my place this fall. Let’s make it happen. All wines on me.

Had a '96 Dehlinger cab last week and it was really good. Only a step behind a terrific bottle of the '02 cab I opened over the winter, which sported one of the best bouquets I’ve ever sniffed. :slight_smile:

I’m in.

Tom

Tom,

You are more than welcome to come. SoCal this fall?