PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: The Garagiste Thread (The Great Enabler) Back to Life

#3752 Post by PeterH » June 26th, 2020, 12:15 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 11:27 am
Anyone have a link for the Cuvee Louis?
The link from the e-mail seems to be unique to my account.

You can try this-

For any question or inquiry, please contact: friends@garagistewine.com or call us anytime at (888) 264-0053
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Troy Stark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3753 Post by Troy Stark » June 26th, 2020, 12:20 pm

You can share the link in your email. It seems like it's from your account only because you are logged into it. It will work for anyone. I unsubscribed long ago and don't want to resub, but I can buy from links links if someone shares. :)
Insta: @lofiwineguy

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3754 Post by PeterH » June 26th, 2020, 5:04 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 12:20 pm
You can share the link in your email. It seems like it's from your account only because you are logged into it. It will work for anyone. I unsubscribed long ago and don't want to resub, but I can buy from links links if someone shares. :)
https://app.garagiste.com/requests/15875

As of a minute ago it was still available.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Troy Stark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3755 Post by Troy Stark » June 26th, 2020, 5:29 pm

works thank you!
Insta: @lofiwineguy

M Mager

#3756 Post by M Mager » July 1st, 2020, 10:28 am

If anyone is considering today's Chianti mystery offer, I'll save you the suspense. The previous wine/vintage that Mr Barnum refers to in his e-mail offer was the 2016 Fattoria di Basciano Chianti Rùfina.

https://www.cellartracker.com/classic/w ... ne=3142073

There are a decent number of CT notes on that wine -- assuming they are legit, and not shill notes, seems like pretty solid wine for less than a sawbuck per. Of course, that assumes the 2018 is same quality as the 2016. As always, YMMV.

Michael
Michael

Mike Rotondo

#3757 Post by Mike Rotondo » July 1st, 2020, 11:04 am

M Mager wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 10:28 am
If anyone is considering today's Chianti mystery offer, I'll save you the suspense. The previous wine/vintage that Mr Barnum refers to in his e-mail offer was the 2016 Fattoria di Basciano Chianti Rùfina.

https://www.cellartracker.com/classic/w ... ne=3142073

There are a decent number of CT notes on that wine -- assuming they are legit, and not shill notes, seems like pretty solid wine for less than a sawbuck per. Of course, that assumes the 2018 is same quality as the 2016. As always, YMMV.

Michael
Mine is one of the notes - I bought 3 bottles last time. It was a great value. I would rebuy if I wasn't already out of space.

Vince L.

#3758 Post by Vince L. » July 1st, 2020, 12:50 pm

Anyone know what these two Brunello from Memorial Day are?

Garagiste - #3 Brunello di Montalcino Mystery
Garagiste - #2 Brunello di Montalcino Mystery
l 3 r t

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3759 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » July 1st, 2020, 1:09 pm

Basciano has always been a good value. I have no idea about 2018 vs 2016 but I have zero concern that Basciano will be a good drink at $9.

P. Dias
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3760 Post by P. Dias » July 1st, 2020, 4:42 pm

Vince L. wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 12:50 pm

I just received the #3 today. It’s a 2015 Banfi Poggio alle Mura
P e d r o

Vince L.

#3761 Post by Vince L. » July 1st, 2020, 5:03 pm

P. Dias wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 4:42 pm
Vince L. wrote:

Thanks
l 3 r t

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#3762 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » July 17th, 2020, 10:28 am

Today a $13 mystery Barolo with minimal info and no mention of what this wine is selling for elsewhere.

Patrick K

#3763 Post by Patrick K » July 17th, 2020, 10:47 am

Yep. I figure 91 points he mentions is Sucklings, so I hear 88 points. And if it was a '15 or '16 that would have been mentioned, so it's a 2014 (a little below average). And I don't think it'd be Langhe, because that would really annoy people. So, I figure this is a bottom 10% quality 2014 Barolo. But for $14 + shipping, that's not bad. Now, every once in a while, these "amazing(!)" mystery deals really are quite good, so it sounded to me like a good time to gamble. Grabbed a couple

Now, I like Nebbiolo, including less expensive ones, so I'm guessing this will be reasonably good QPR for me even with the most disappointing reveal. As a bonus though, some appellations are good for messing with people. If a guest knows about wines, you can just casually open this and when they notice and exclaim, you can act like you have Barolos all the time. I had a guess freak out when he saw a Brunello I opened at one of my game parties. To his surprise query, I answered, "oh, we always drink Brunellos on Sunday, 10 years old at least." Which of course is not the case.

I got a good deal on some "okay" Burgundies and let them age. then I'd bring one to a party and leave it with the other cheap supermarket wines. It was fun watching some guest who knew a little about wine sort through them, and then see his eyes bug out when he sees an 8 year old Burgundy there with the (other) cheap stuff.
K a r c h e r

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#3764 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » July 17th, 2020, 11:54 am

Patrick K wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 10:47 am
Yep. I figure 91 points he mentions is Sucklings, so I hear 88 points. And if it was a '15 or '16 that would have been mentioned, so it's a 2014 (a little below average). And I don't think it'd be Langhe, because that would really annoy people. So, I figure this is a bottom 10% quality 2014 Barolo. But for $14 + shipping, that's not bad. Now, every once in a while, these "amazing(!)" mystery deals really are quite good, so it sounded to me like a good time to gamble. Grabbed a couple

Now, I like Nebbiolo, including less expensive ones, so I'm guessing this will be reasonably good QPR for me even with the most disappointing reveal. As a bonus though, some appellations are good for messing with people. If a guest knows about wines, you can just casually open this and when they notice and exclaim, you can act like you have Barolos all the time. I had a guess freak out when he saw a Brunello I opened at one of my game parties. To his surprise query, I answered, "oh, we always drink Brunellos on Sunday, 10 years old at least." Which of course is not the case.

I got a good deal on some "okay" Burgundies and let them age. then I'd bring one to a party and leave it with the other cheap supermarket wines. It was fun watching some guest who knew a little about wine sort through them, and then see his eyes bug out when he sees an 8 year old Burgundy there with the (other) cheap stuff.
Please come back and post when you get the wine, Patrick! I always appreciate when people share the reveal.

Kasey Dubler

#3765 Post by Kasey Dubler » July 17th, 2020, 12:25 pm

In for a couple also. I'm sure it will be a decent Barolo at best, but at that price it is an every night drinker. I find it easy to find every night wines for most other grapes. Even Pinot Noir I can find entry level ones around $20 that aren't bad, but Nebbiolo it is a challenge. Nebbiolo from anywhere is often more, even Nebbiolo d'Alba bottlings are $20 or more sadly. If this drinks like a half decent Nebbiolo d'Alba not even a great one, I'll be happy, if more great.

M Mager

#3766 Post by M Mager » July 17th, 2020, 2:31 pm

Kasey Dubler wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 12:25 pm
In for a couple also. I'm sure it will be a decent Barolo at best, but at that price it is an every night drinker. I find it easy to find every night wines for most other grapes. Even Pinot Noir I can find entry level ones around $20 that aren't bad, but Nebbiolo it is a challenge. Nebbiolo from anywhere is often more, even Nebbiolo d'Alba bottlings are $20 or more sadly. If this drinks like a half decent Nebbiolo d'Alba not even a great one, I'll be happy, if more great.
Based on my experience with Mystery Wines, I'd say that's a reasonable expectation. They are usually good - but not fantastic - values; probably 20-25% below what I'd pay for a comparable wine in the local market here in Seattle area. I'd expect this to drink like a decent bottle of $20ish Langhe Nebbiolo. Since I'm local (no added shipping cost) and their warehouse is reasonably convenient for me, I sometimes go in for a couple of these lower-cost Mystery Wines to add variety in my "daily drinkers". Overall, quite pleased with the results (though I do find the whites are more consistently a bit better values than the reds). As always, YMMV.

Michael
Michael

jbray23

#3767 Post by jbray23 » July 17th, 2020, 10:28 pm

I would be a buyer in these days, jon is going to get a lot of great deals and they are only going to get better... not a person to hype at all, just saying jon gets great deals based on the fact he can move VOLUME....I sent in for 6, wtf, Barolo for $14.. no brainer. Cheaper than a Nebbiolo..
Jason, back itb

M Mager

#3768 Post by M Mager » July 18th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Picked up wines from the Garagiste warehouse today. Included 3 Mystery wines:

1) "The Worlds Top White Wine" Mystery (May 1st @ $19.91) -- As previously noted in this thread, this one is the 2018 DeLille Chaleur Blanc. Pretty good value on this one -- solid wine with good aging potential, and you aren't going to find this on retail shelves around here for < 20 bucks.

2) "Rioja Reserva" Mystery (June 20th @ $19.71) -- This one is the 2015 Bodegas Muga Reserva. Right in my wheelhouse from a relatively traditional Rioja producer. You can basically take what I said about #1 above, and repeat it here -- substituting "red" for "white".

3) "1990s Barbaresco" Mystery (April 9th @ $48.70) -- This one is the 1998 Pertinace (Cantina Vignaioli) Barbaresco Vigneto Castellizzano. Given that PT Barnum has offered a number of 90s Pertinace recently, I was anticipating this one would be from them also. They actually offered this wine back in 2009 (as part of a 3-pack from this producer) and then again in 2013. I've had one of them a number of years ago, and it was a lovely aged Barbaresco. Happy to have another at that price, and with that age.

All in all, no complaints on these Mystery wines. I would have purchased them all locally, if they had been offered at those prices. But that wasn't going to happen given the market here. Just my $0.02; YMMV. Yes, Rimmerman's shilling approach is irritating as hell, but he does get wines we wouldn't otherwise get here (or at least get at those prices).

Michael
Michael

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3769 Post by PeterH » July 18th, 2020, 4:09 pm

Another Mystery is up. A Cab dominated red blend from Seven Hills Vineyard (not Seven Hills Winery) supposedly suggested retail of $59. Mystery price, $19.81
My best guess is L'Ecole No. 41, which would be a great deal. I can't think of a bad option, with full realization that Jon can sometimes pull one out of his a$$.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Tom W

#3770 Post by Tom W » July 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm

PeterH wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 4:09 pm
Another Mystery is up. A Cab dominated red blend from Seven Hills Vineyard (not Seven Hills Winery) supposedly suggested retail of $59. Mystery price, $19.81
My best guess is L'Ecole No. 41, which would be a great deal. I can't think of a bad option, with full realization that Jon can sometimes pull one out of his a$$.
I couldn't find anything on their site that matched the Garagiste description.
W a r d

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3771 Post by PeterH » July 18th, 2020, 4:40 pm

How about Perigee? I don't know exactly what L'Ecole lists that wine for, but I give Jon some latitude on price accuracy.

Looking again, almost certainly not. I missed the verbiage about no added yeast, etc. Must be a small producer.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Tom W

#3772 Post by Tom W » July 18th, 2020, 4:46 pm

PeterH wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 4:40 pm
How about Perigee? I don't know exactly what L'Ecole lists that wine for, but I give Jon some latitude on price accuracy.
2016 is the current vintage on their site. They also have information about the 2015 and 2014. Via PDF downloads the Cabernet Sauvignon percentages were '14 60%, '15 56%, and '16 52%.

The Garagiste pitch states "It’s a beautiful “almost Cabernet Sauvignon” (70-80% Cabernet Sauvignon)..."

It's possible he has his hands on a '17 that isn't on the winery website and which has 70-80% CS, but that seems doubtful given the recent vintages in the 50-60% range.
W a r d

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3773 Post by PeterH » July 18th, 2020, 5:04 pm

I'm thinking now that it will be a producer neither of us has ever heard of.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3774 Post by Kris Patten » July 18th, 2020, 6:18 pm

I'd guess Pepper Bridge or Barrister.
ITB

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3775 Post by MatthewT » July 18th, 2020, 6:36 pm

PeterH wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 4:09 pm
I bought 2 of these. I don't trust Garagiste anymore so if I buy a mystery it will be 1 or 2 lots for fun.
I'm a Turk

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3776 Post by PeterH » July 18th, 2020, 9:07 pm

Kris Patten wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 6:18 pm
I'd guess Pepper Bridge or Barrister.
I initially dismissed Pepper Bridge as not needing to clear wine at a steep discount, but it could be. Does Pepper Bridge do natural ferments?
I think it may be too high in alcohol, just like the L'Ecole.

Barrister doesn't sound like a famous wine making family.

I'm thinking this is some side project using a little known name (and definitely not Figgins).
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Carlton McCrindle
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3777 Post by Carlton McCrindle » July 18th, 2020, 10:15 pm

Does anyone know the Cab Franc Mystery wine from January?

Toby P

#3778 Post by Toby P » July 19th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Can't find any decent guesses for the Seven Hills mystery. Barrister and Pepper Bridge don't fit all the details in the email, definitely not L'Ecole. Would have thought "famous winemaking family" along with the other clues could have yielded some decent possibilities...must be really under the radar?
P r a t t

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#3779 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » July 19th, 2020, 3:20 pm

M Mager wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Picked up wines from the Garagiste warehouse today. Included 3 Mystery wines:

1) "The Worlds Top White Wine" Mystery (May 1st @ $19.91) -- As previously noted in this thread, this one is the 2018 DeLille Chaleur Blanc. Pretty good value on this one -- solid wine with good aging potential, and you aren't going to find this on retail shelves around here for < 20 bucks.

2) "Rioja Reserva" Mystery (June 20th @ $19.71) -- This one is the 2015 Bodegas Muga Reserva. Right in my wheelhouse from a relatively traditional Rioja producer. You can basically take what I said about #1 above, and repeat it here -- substituting "red" for "white".

3) "1990s Barbaresco" Mystery (April 9th @ $48.70) -- This one is the 1998 Pertinace (Cantina Vignaioli) Barbaresco Vigneto Castellizzano. Given that PT Barnum has offered a number of 90s Pertinace recently, I was anticipating this one would be from them also. They actually offered this wine back in 2009 (as part of a 3-pack from this producer) and then again in 2013. I've had one of them a number of years ago, and it was a lovely aged Barbaresco. Happy to have another at that price, and with that age.

All in all, no complaints on these Mystery wines. I would have purchased them all locally, if they had been offered at those prices. But that wasn't going to happen given the market here. Just my $0.02; YMMV. Yes, Rimmerman's shilling approach is irritating as hell, but he does get wines we wouldn't otherwise get here (or at least get at those prices).

Michael
Michael - Thank you for posting these. I had considered the Rioja mysetery, as I've had good luck with other Spanish wine offers from Garagiste, but never pulled the trigger.

Andrew A r n t f i e l d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3780 Post by Andrew A r n t f i e l d » July 20th, 2020, 4:34 am

Vince L. wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 5:03 pm
P. Dias wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 4:42 pm
Vince L. wrote:

Thanks
Does anyone know the other two BdM mystery wines?
IG: @arntfieldwines

Andrew A r n t f i e l d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3781 Post by Andrew A r n t f i e l d » July 20th, 2020, 4:39 am

MatthewT wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 2:17 pm
he hedges A LOT here. pass. "Highly noted by a variety of palates, this is still a steep investment but the Blue Line $ below is among the lowest you will come across – especially in a vintage of grandeur like 2016."
This was for the mystery Cab offer on June 22nd. Did anyone find out what it was?
IG: @arntfieldwines

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3782 Post by PeterH » July 23rd, 2020, 9:37 pm

A few Mysteries revealed.

May 21 PN Mystery- Phelps Creek 2015. Why make a wine like this a Mystery at sub-$12? If it could be determined that that wine is not total dreck, it would be purchased in large quantities for large gatherings. Maybe that is the key. When will there be large gatherings again?

May 31 N Cal Syrah- Arnot-Roberts Clary Ranch 2018

May 29 N Cal Cab single vineyard. Arnot-Roberts Clajeux Vineyard, 2017. Now, that is a surprise!

2016 Washington State Mystery. Walla Walla Vintners

Washington State Cabernet Mystery 2017 L'Ecole no. 41 Walla Walla. See, I knew there had to be a L'Ecole Cab somewhere in there.

2019 France Mystery Rose. Chateau Lauriga. You might call the answer to that Mystery trivial. Again, at sub $10, why does any wine need to be a Mystery unless it is undrinkable? I think most of the Mystery is just for Jon's amusement. He doesn't need to handle wines that should be in aisle end displays in super markets.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Toby P

#3783 Post by Toby P » July 24th, 2020, 4:45 am

Thanks Peter (and Michael earlier) for sharing. Peter, what was the email subject or date on the L'Ecole email? There have been a bunch of similar ones the last few months. As to why make some of these mysteries, I assumed that was always the choice of the winery not at Jon's discretion?
P r a t t

CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3784 Post by CJ Beazley » July 24th, 2020, 5:01 am

PeterH wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 9:37 pm
A few Mysteries revealed.

May 21 PN Mystery- Phelps Creek 2015. Why make a wine like this a Mystery at sub-$12? If it could be determined that that wine is not total dreck, it would be purchased in large quantities for large gatherings. Maybe that is the key. When will there be large gatherings again?

May 31 N Cal Syrah- Arnot-Roberts Clary Ranch 2018

May 29 N Cal Cab single vineyard. Arnot-Roberts Clajeux Vineyard, 2017. Now, that is a surprise!

2016 Washington State Mystery. Walla Walla Vintners

Washington State Cabernet Mystery 2017 L'Ecole no. 41 Walla Walla. See, I knew there had to be a L'Ecole Cab somewhere in there.

2019 France Mystery Rose. Chateau Lauriga. You might call the answer to that Mystery trivial. Again, at sub $10, why does any wine need to be a Mystery unless it is undrinkable? I think most of the Mystery is just for Jon's amusement. He doesn't need to handle wines that should be in aisle end displays in super markets.
Hey Peter, if you don’t mind-how much was that A-R Clary?
It's C(raig)

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3785 Post by MatthewT » July 24th, 2020, 6:35 am

I got 2 of the Arnot-Roberts Clajeux. Was $58.70. Looks like a $90 bottle of wine. Pleased.
I'm a Turk

Adam Mintz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3786 Post by Adam Mintz » July 24th, 2020, 8:11 am

Thank you Peter and Michael-- doing everyone a huge favor as we wait for optimal shipping time to receive our orders.

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3787 Post by PeterH » July 24th, 2020, 9:38 am

I think the Clary Ranch was about $37-$38. WineSearcher average is $67.

Edit- $38.70 to be exact. No shipping cost, since I pick it up. I only got one, though, so the question becomes when to drink it.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

A G Aguirre
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3788 Post by A G Aguirre » July 24th, 2020, 10:44 am

The language on this new Champagne offer is extra bold... at $19 it’s worth a shot
@rturo

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3789 Post by PeterH » July 24th, 2020, 10:49 am

A G Aguirre wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 10:44 am
The language on this new Champagne offer is extra bold... at $19 it’s worth a shot
Another wine that would be a great choice for big events, if only we could have them again.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Toby P

#3790 Post by Toby P » July 24th, 2020, 10:52 am

A G Aguirre wrote:
Yeah I grabbed 2, why not. Not really a Champagne drinker but been interested in trying more, especially seeing how popular it is among Berserkers.
P r a t t

Tom W

#3791 Post by Tom W » July 24th, 2020, 10:52 am

A G Aguirre wrote:
I bit on this, too. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, can't get fooled again. Fool me a dozen times, fool me, fool me, go on and fool me.

Anyway, I've read multiple times elsewhere that, perhaps barring the top prestige "brands", Champagne is hurting. I have to wonder whether or not there is fear that U.S. tariffs could be extended to bubbles and that even the threatened 100% tariff could come into play. I'd think that anybody that owns stock in Europe that is not currently subject to U.S. tariffs would be in a hurry to get some moved into the U.S. sooner rather than later. (That said, the expected arrival on this is Fall, so...)
W a r d

Mike Ott
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3792 Post by Mike Ott » July 24th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Luna Beberide email just arrived. Fantastic Spanish winemaker and their “low” end offering is a great qpr.

Adam G

#3793 Post by Adam G » July 24th, 2020, 6:01 pm

PeterH wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 10:49 am
A G Aguirre wrote:
Another wine that would be a great choice for big events, if only we could have them again.
Yeah, we put in for some. I was somewhat disappointed in the "Champagne WHAT" mystery wine earlier last year that turned out to be Champagne La Mysteriale, which on further looking is a new brand from Treasury's new foray into European wine. It was a solid bubbly, but the dosage was a bit high to be called brut (and I think the bottle says Sec). My wife likes it more than I do. Then a few weeks ago I saw it at Trader Joe's for $2 less than Rimmerman charged!
A. Gr0ssm@n

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3794 Post by PeterH » July 24th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Jon claims this new offer is not a private label special. He may be sensitive to criticism about the La Mysteriale.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Tom W

#3795 Post by Tom W » July 30th, 2020, 8:41 am

Re: Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Mystery

Does anyone have a clue on this one? The way I read it is "It is a generic Napa with a Suckling 95".

Consider "not... one of the valley floor Cabernet Sauvignon houses". Note houses. He's not saying that a lot of the fruit isn't from the valley floor, only that the producer does not reside there. There is some fruit from “elevated” terrain - his quotations.

Of course the entity has "vineyard contacts and parcels that run as deep". And that matters for this wine why?
W a r d

Nick F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3796 Post by Nick F. » July 30th, 2020, 9:00 am

Ill say Buena Vista... Feels like they are unloading a ton of it everywhere
i a s c o n e

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3797 Post by Max S. » July 30th, 2020, 9:14 am

This guessing game isn't nearly as fun as de Negoce's...
5 w 0 m l 3 y

Toby P

#3798 Post by Toby P » July 30th, 2020, 10:43 am

De Negoce has definitely raised the bar for me on deals for CA cabs / pinots, especially mystery stuff. Tough to pull the trigger without having reasonable confidence in who the producer is
P r a t t

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3799 Post by Max S. » July 30th, 2020, 11:27 am

Toby P wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 10:43 am
De Negoce has definitely raised the bar for me on deals for CA cabs / pinots, especially mystery stuff. Tough to pull the trigger without having reasonable confidence in who the producer is
I'm with you, not that I ever went for the Garagiste mysteries based on what I've heard here. Also we apparently have de Negoce Washington and Oregon to look forward to as well so that should be interesting.
5 w 0 m l 3 y

Arv R

#3800 Post by Arv R » August 2nd, 2020, 9:42 am

I opened a 14 Belluard 'Gringet' [Vin de Savoie] last night to have with Thai food. This was my 1 bottle allocated from Garagiste a few years ago. Sadly it was corked :( It seems like such a light, airy kind of grape that even the generally TCA insensitive (like me) would notice it, when it might have gone unnoticed in a big chunky red.

This might be an estate that should consider different closures.

Anyone ever gotten anything from garagiste for a corked bottle? I think this is the first I've noticed over the many years from them.
Last edited by Arv R on August 2nd, 2020, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
R_@_0

Return to “Wine Talk”