Wine storage in the Nashville area?

Hi All,
We are relocating to the Nashville area (Franklin) later this Summer and I was wondering if there are any good off site wine storage options?

Hope to meet some of you soon

Cheers!

1 Like

JJ,

Contact these folks:

Brinkmann’s Wine & Spirits
103 International Drive, Franklin,
(615) 778-0707 ‎ ·

and they can give you a good idea of what’s available. Really nice folks.

Good luck, was just out there and loved it!

I have some space in the Eurocaves here in Franklin if you get desperate! Cannot guarantee some consumption in lieu of rent.

I am not aware of any wine storage options in the Nashville area. T-Bone’s suggestion is a good one. Call Tim Brinkmann over there are see if he can help. Hoyt Hill at Village Wines (615-383-2102) will know for sure if there are any options, too.

I’m not aware of any offsite either. Don’ t know Tim but Hoyt knows the landscape well.

There are other board members that live locally. Hopefully they’ll chime in also.

I too have some room-- you’ll need a plan as it’s hot as hell here already.

I know its not ideal, but we have several clients in TN who store with our facility in St. Louis. May be the closest facility and MO shipping laws from wineries and retailers are much better than TN.

We would be happy to assist!

Thanks,
Marc

Thanks all, not the news I was hoping for, but some good suggestions. Thanks Marc, I already planned to call you guys about the move.

I looked into this a few years ago and the guys at the Green Hills Wine Shoppe told me that it was illegal in TN. They had apparently looked into it and found out that it would be a felony. I built a cellar in my house instead…

Call your state rep and senator if you want to try and change it. Mst of them don’t care and are not willing to piss off the wholesalers/retailers. The only way to make them care is to make sure that they know that their voters care. As you know - wine in grocery stores was up for conisderation this year. I know that a compromise that would allow retailers to ship and sell nationwide was offered as part of the trade off (along with fewer restrictions on what could be sold in a wine and liquor establishment). It was resoundingly rejected by the retailers in TN as not even being open to debate… So we have both the wholesalers and the retailers trying to stop out of state shipping/sales/purchases.

G

Just bumping this up seven years later… Is this still impossible/illegal in Tennessee? My understanding is that the shipping laws have improved, so any change in the storage situation?

Sean…I know someone who is on the process of acquiring a building to launch a storage business. Likely 6-12 months away…will post the next time I receive an update.

I think you can store them here
FC19D40E-735E-4DA7-923E-A6FF3542F72B.jpeg

Haha, thanks Chris. I will certainly consider that!

If not Nashville yet, there are storage options in Atlanta- 3.5 hours south.

Given documented problems of storing at
other offsite businesses, I suggest investing in at-home storage

As I started this thread 7 years ago, I thought I’d chime in. Not sure when it changed, but it appears to be legal now. Just came across this:

https://www.citadelselfstorage.com/self-storage/tn/nashville/fesslers-ln/wine-storage

1 Like

Interesting. I’m kind of struggling to understand their locker sizes, since they only list two dimensions, which I assume are height and width, but no depth? My current locker is roughly 4x4x4 (slightly more), and I pay a little over $600/yr. for it. If I assume the depth is the same (or a non-issue), their 4.5x3 seems like the closest match, but it’s over $1k/yr. and smaller… But I guess it’s better to have some option than none. We’re actually heading to Nashville tomorrow, but our schedule is packed so I doubt we’d have time to go check it out. If anyone else does, please report back!

[link removed by admin]

Any more info? Is that your company?

Nashville Wine Storage, the first and only licensed wine storage facility in TN, is officially open. Pricing is listed on the site, ranging from 24 case lockers to fully customized. For any questions or inquiries don’t hesitate to call (629)-800-5130. https://www.nashvillewinestorage.com/

1 Like