TN: 2007 Belle Pente Pinot Noir Belle Pente Vineyard

• 2007 Belle Pente Pinot Noir Belle Pente Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (6/8/2011)
    Consumed over 2 nights. This shows nice pure black cherries, pomegranate,plum a touch of spicy oak, black tea. This is pure,feminine,
    balanced. Not exceptionally complex or long but very nice. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

So . . . how shitty was it? [berserker.gif]

Edit:

• 2007 Belle Pente Pinot Noir Belle Pente Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (6/8/2011)
    Consumed over 2 nights. This shows nice pure black cherries, pomegranate,plum a touch of spicy oak, black tea. This is pure,feminine,
    balanced. Not exceptionally complex or long but very nice. Another shitty 07 Oregon Pinot… :wink: (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker [berserker.gif]

Nice note. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed 2 - 3 similar encounters. Some have claimed it can be funky, which is typically unusual for BP Pinots.

RT

[welldone.gif]

Curiousity got the better of me, so a bottle was popped last evening. Sure enough, the nose has a Pinot funk. Slightly reductive and not unpleasant. Not Cameronesque, nor hair salon-ish and certainly nothing brett-like. The fruit leans more towards the red spectrum supported by dark cherry elements. There’s that Belle Pente balance and soft spoken grace. A very fine example of the vintage. Looking forward to tonight’s follow-up.

RT

You guys are killing me. Haven’t been down to Vinopolis to pick mine up yet, and i’m not going to get there for another 3 weeks!

What about the 2008?

Probably really shitty. [stirthepothal.gif]

Violating your own rules here Bob. Only '07 deserves that kind of condescension! Last I looked, '08 is the uncontested fair haired OR vintage of the century (despite its not infrequent grumpiness).

RT

I’m thinking it’s a little early for the 2008, but since my 08 bottles are sitting next to my 07 bottles at Vinopolis, 175 miles away, it’s just academic for me. Open one and let us know!

Nah, I decided my rating system applies to all Oregon pinot noir.

Shitty
Shitty +
Extra Shitty
Really Shitty
Disgusting
Abomination

http://wineberserkers.com/viewtopic.php?p=610423#p610423

Visited Belle Pente during Memorial Weekend. Went in with a predisposition that '07 was a vintage best avoided, but found I really liked their '07’s across the board. They were pouring comparisons between vintages, '08 and '07, and for current consumption '07 really was tasting great. If my recall is correct, this one really was drinking beautifully. Shows what a good winemaker can do in a difficult year.

I prolly overpaid for this by a good 5-10 bucks but Whole Paycheck had it and I had to have it…

Well both the 07 and 08 are $35 at the winery, and can be had for about $30 in the Portland area.
But then you would have to pay shipping…

I don’t go to Whole Paycheck much, esp. for wine which tends to get a bit up there in price - though I do recall them having some quality wines.

I think the Whole Paycheck price was 36 bucks! plus state and county tax and I PROLLY walked out of there spending around 60 bucks for that bottle… pileon