Any good SB recommendations???????

So what is everyones standout SB so far this year? I am trying to get my hands on some nice wines, I think I iwll forgo beer for SB this summer.

2010 Herb Lamb Two Old Dogs

Two that stand out for me are the following:
Mark David SB, out of Sonoma and
Garces Silva “Amayna” SB, Leyda Valley, Chile.

Steve,
Two that are consistently my favorites are the DryCreekVnyd SauvignonMusque and the Ojai SauvBlanc.
Both fairly reasonably priced. I think SauvBlancs made from SauvignonMusque are a real step above
regular SauvBlanc, though it’s not always evident which ones are SauvMusque.
Tom

The Herb Lamb is a blend of both.

Without question.

I’m going to take a stab and guess you meant Merry Edwards?

And if so, I’m going to +1, as Merry Edwards is a winner.

I am digging the salinity and the grilled fennel of the Bevan SB. Delish and not that typical guava, bubble gum cali SB you often get. Try it…you might like it.

Drank the Larkmead “Lillie” over the weekend, and thought it was excellent. A great middle of the road wine. Not super bright and not too creamy. Unfortunately, the case production is very low (400 cs).
If you are interested in a super bright, high citrus (esp. grapefruit) try the SB fom Capture. Great with food, crab cakes, scallops, scampi.

+1 on the Capture (Tradition, I haven’t had Les Pionniers).
Had the Girard recently but found it to be fairly “meh”, but then I like my SBs to bite back.

Steve -

If you’re willing to widen your target to sauv blanc / semillon white Bordeaux blends, then two I strongly recommend are the Arietta “On The White Keys”, which you can read more about here

and, from Washington, the Cadaretta sbs, which you can look further into here:

FYI we served the Cadaretta at our Memorial Day festivities and went through more of that than we did the chardonnay or rose which we served.

Enjoy.

A couple of good ones from Santa Barbara County would be Dragonette (they actually make a few different ones), Fiddlehead (mais oui), and Beckmen’s Purissima Mtn bottling . . .

Cheers!

Chad - I have had both within the last month. I prefered the Les Pionniers over the Tradition. I found the Les Pionniers a little more complete, complex than the Tradition which had a lot of grafefruit. The Tradition is super bright and when compared to the Emmolo SB which I drank as well completely overwhelmed it, it was that high-toned.

I beleve Gary Danko chose it as his Domestic white wine of the year last year.

+2 Herb Lamb. Goes well with food, especially cheeses.

Ziata is very good. All SB, lighter than the HL with more citrus. Very refreshing by itself.

second the Bevan.
another to find is Broman.

The 2010 Bedrock SB is amazing.

Merry Edwards. My favorite every year.

Cotat
Vatan

From California I like St. Supery and Honig. From New Zealand I like Kono (made by the Maori) and Nobili Icon and Bedford Road. From France there are a number of producers in Sancerre whose wines I enjoy.

I’ve really enjoyed the Zepaltas SB