Quivet Release-June 7

Just received via email. Who’s tasted this round and able to comment?

"We are excited to announce the release of our 2009 Quivet Cellars Cabernet Sauvignons beginning June 7th, 2011 at 10am. The Quivet Cabernet Sauvignon production remains small & single vineyard designated. Our natural winemaking produces wines with a rich & expansive mid-palate coupled with plush & fine-grained tannins. These elements wrap together producing multi-layered Cabernet Sauvignons with long exotic finishes.

2009 brings a NEW Rutherford Cabernet to the Quivet line up. Our Winemaker Mike Smith is always seeking out new & exciting vineyards. In 2009, Quivet was offered fruit from a prestigious Rutherford vineyard that is bordered by some exclusive neighbors on the west side benchland. Rich & well drained soils, cool evening breezes & glowing summer warmth brought out the dusty Rutherford tannins we’ve grown to love & crave. This wine is a stunning example of the best Rutherford has to offer & a welcome addition to our program.

We will be releasing the following THREE wines beginning June 7th,2011.

I. 2009 Quivet Cellars Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley $48

(46 cases produced)

II. 2009 Quivet Cellars Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley $65 (72 cases produced)

III. 2009 Quivet Cellars Kenefick Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley $65

(97 cases produced)

Anyone try these?

I haven’t tried them, but I will be buying!

+1!!!

With a total of 215 cases across 3 wines, I’m giving you fair warning. If you get in my way, I will knock you down. [basic-smile.gif]

Mike speaks very highly about the 09 vintage he said it required more work in the vineyard. He compared it to the 2001 vintage. The Rutherford is not the same vineyard as the Myriad it is a one time deal on the fruit from a prestigious vineyard “its fantastic benchland rutherford” to quote mike.

I know with the limited production he will lower allocations as supplies decrease so order early.

I have yet to try any of Mike Smith’s wines, but plan on buying at least a few on this release if I am able.

Up and running.

Tried them over memorial weekend and was impressed, the Rutherford is a great wine for the price and I slightly preferred the Spring Mountain to the Kenefick but its like picking your favorite child. I ordered all I could with a smoking credit card after a full week in Napa.

Yep, did the deed. Last Quivet round I made it in late and just barely got any. And I snoozed and missed-out on the Myriad offering all-together. Deprive me of wine and I learn quickly.

I’m in too. I buy all Mike’s wines, very happily.

I ordered too!!!

Hoo Boy!
Me too!

Cheers
Rip

I’m in for 6 of each!!!

Ordered! For some reason, there was an issue with the ordering system and it finally just gave me the option to mail a check. Hope it didn’t sell out!

call mike so he can fix you issue.

I sent Mike an email and got it all worked out. Can’t wait to try this wine.

In for a few of each. Very pleased with all of the Mike Smith wines I have tried.

wineBum