Wine storage in San Francisco

Can anyone suggest some good places in the city and around the bay area? Any pricing tips and people to contact would be appreciated?

Thanks

Have you tried ideal 55 by the rincon center. They do monthly for less than 30bucks for a 12 case locker

I have most of my off-site storage at Presidio Wine Bunkers. Roughly 4x4x8 locker is $95 a month. Also have a few cases at Vinfolio which is on Bryant and 18th.

My off-site storage is at the WineBank, in Menlo Park. I pay $35 a month to store about 15+ cases. They have detailed pricing information on their website winebank.com

Tomas showed me around the facility and helped me get set up a few years ago. I think you can contact him at tomas@winebank.com

I use StorQuest in San Rafael. 15-20 cases for 35 a month.

I stored for a few years at Adventures In Wine down in Daly City.
Prices were a bit lower than what i’ve seen above - eg. 24 case locker for $30 a month.

I always used $1 a bottle per year as nirvana, the bigger the locker, the closer you can come to that.
Bear in mind these are generally case storage lockers, so in a big locker some or a lot of your wine will be buried deep and not easy to dig out. But I always had a fair amount of home storage too, so it was manageable. You’ll pay more for racked lockers, or some with shelves.

I store my wine (my personal wine) at Subterranium at 2240 filbert in Oakland. There’s good freeway access…either the 18th st exit off 980, or 7th st/Grand Ave exit off 880 (880, not Grand Ave Exit off 580, which is a very difference area).

Lockers are 10, 20 or 50 case large (using bordeaux or moderate burgundy bottles). Lockers are either low (i.e. at ground level), mid or upper. Low lockers are always 50case large. 10 case lockers are always upper. 20 case lockers are either mid or upper. Prices (per month) are:

50case for $55
20 case mid level for $20
20 case upper for $17
10case for $12

I use Storquest in San Rafael.

Adventures in Wine in Daly City is great, and the prices are competitive, listed on their site.

JJ Buckley has been the place for me. Contact Alex and tell him Mike in Tokyo recommended you.

Mike