2005 A.P. Vin Pinot Noir Rosella's Vineyard

• 2005 A.P. Vin Pinot Noir Rosella’s Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (1/31/2009)
    One of the darkest, most opaque Pinots I have ever seen. Black cherry, cola, and wet soil on the nose followed by bright plum, spice and mineral flavors. Clean and fresh on the palate – no apparent flaws – but a bit too innocuous and safe. A little more character and depth would have been nice, especially at this price point. (87 pts.)

Thanks for the note, Paul. Exactly how I felt about this when I had it a couple of months ago. It was my first and only AP and has me scared to pull the trigger on other bottles of AP.

to be fair, i think andrew can, and has, done better. his 2007s are reportedly very good.

His 07’s are pretty darn good across the board. I really liked the 07 Kanzler. Have had Clos Pepe and Garys’ as well. Andrew likes his Garys’ better than the Kanzler by hair but I prefer them the other way around. The Clos Pepe is good too but needs some time…a little more tannic than the others.

Hey Paul, what was the A.P. Vin PN we had at Grandpa Jimmy’s a few weeks ago?

that was the 2005 keefer ranch. i thought that was pretty good. i think i gave that one 89 points.