Taste Washington in Portland

So this Sunday is the Taste Washington event here in Portland. They have close to 100 wineries participating. the trade part starts just 1 hour before the consumer part. But that extra hour head start should help. I love the way that the list of wines being poured also has the retail pricing as well. The whole trick to this kind of tasting is to plan out who you want to see early. So my tasting partner and I are planning on using the bus and streetcar. On Tuesday is the McMinville AVA tasting and they list 8 producers pouring wines. I would say the opposite end of the spectrum from a number perspective. Because it is small it will be nice to talk to the producers. Later in the month is the DRC tasting, that is the Deep Roots Coalition. Cameron, Evesham Wood, Ayres, and Westrey to name a few. Oh what I do for my customers.

Sorry I’ll miss this but I’ll be at the Helioterra, Vincent and Grochau event at the Urban Winery.

When/where is the DRC tasting? The last one a couple years back was excellent!

And the IPNC Pinot Walkabout is Sunday as well, followed by Taste of the Nation Portland on Monday. Talk about piling on!

And Saturday is a big Yamhill-Carlton AVA Spring Tasting event at AnneAmie. Thirty-one wineries, six restaurants. Twenty bucks. Or you could come by the Seven of Hearts/Luminous Hills tasting room in beautiful metropolitan Carlton and shoot the breeze with me instead.

Hey Bob. I’ll try to stop by. Richard T told me you were a pretty good guy. Any shitty wines to taste?

[rofl.gif] Lots of them. Two or three crummy whites and 7 or 8 vile reds including a pinot noir “port”. If we’re lucky I’ll have some new-release '10 pinot gris and pinot noir rose to pour. Come as close to noon as you can. It gets nuts in there around 4:00 lots of Saturdays.

…and don’t forget the Chehalem Mountains “Mountains to Metro” event May 6th…and the Portland Indie Wine festival May 13th…both were excellent last year.

What’s the event up there where they do all of the outdoor rack-smoked salmon with all of the Pinot Noir?

That’s in the Ackermans’ backyard.

Okay . . . it’s the Salmon Bake at IPNC.

Sounds good. I’ll try to get there early. Any chance to taste a barrel sample of pinot from Ackerman’s vineyard? I think Brian bought some of his grapes.

Roger,

I’ll be pouring a sample from what I made off Ackerman’s Armstrong vineyard at my open house tomorrow in Portland. Open to the public…