TN: 2006 Kutch Pinot Noir

• 2006 Kutch Pinot Noir Russian River Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (5/29/2009)
    What a great wine! Soy, cola, Asian spices, cloves, and ripe cranberry are the predominant nuances I came across. The body is big and wide, the wine is so well balanced and well made. I’m so happy to be on this list. Jamie, you da man! I’m not the biggest fan of Cal Pinot, I’m a Cal Cab man, but this really floats my boat. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Jamie is making very fine wines, wouldn’t rate it with 94 right now, but easy 92 in my book. Thanks for the note, sadly only 3 left.
Cheers
Rainer

Rainer: my score takes into account my love for big and brash Cal Cabs, so this wine fits my flavor profile more than most Pinots. Your mileage may vary.

Went to a tasting the other night at a wine shop here in San Francisco that was featuring all of Jamie’s wines from 06 and 07. Always fun to watch Jamie in action as there was a good turn out. This wine was my wife’s favorite of the group. Mine was the 07 Sonoma Coast followed by the 07 Kanzler. I liked it so much I actually cracked into one a few days later out of my stash and loved it even more. Great juice. [cheers.gif]

Brian,
which 07 to open first ? Sonoma or Kanzler ?
Thanks
Rainer

Hi Rainer-

I found them both ready to go personally. I asked Jamie a while back and he thought the Sonoma would be the best to open at the moment. At the end of the day I opened the Sonoma because I have more of these than the Kanzler. Please let us know what you go with. They are both beauties and you can’t go wrong imo. Popped and poured by the way.

94…92 - close enough, to me it means you both like it!