What's up with CT???

Is it me, or is there more people just posting a score with no note in Cellar Tracker?? I’ve been noticing a LOT more wines being posted with just a score, and no note, in the community notes on my wines section? I know that some people do this, but the frequency that it has been happening(almost like every other one) has me thinking that there is a problem…maybe the notes aren’t showing up? Or, just might be me?

Anyone else notice this lately? Pretty lame to post just a score…but that has been deadhorse already.

Did your filter setting get flipped to show those? Each user has a setting that controls whether such TNs are shown.

Thanks Rick…that was it! In the customize view link, it was checked show scores without notes. Don’t know how it changed though?

Maybe when Eric did maintenance recently? Dunno… mine was set to show TNs with only scores too. I just reset it and it’s fine again.

I think its pilot error, its happened to me but I believe I just fat fingered it.

And a couple people over the year have made the same observation and Eric never found a bug, but that doesn’tt mean there isn’t one though.

No bug. But if someone posts a link here to a list of notes with the parameter to show score-only reviews that will then toggle your view state if you click the link.

BTW, I love that the same thread on eRP was locked after I posted in it. Actually since I have been back there EVERY thread on CT has been locked. Has Squirrel’s been doing this for the past year?

what’s up with CT? nothing. its awesome.

BTW - do you know what ever happened to Mywines? deadhorse Have they [truce.gif]'ed yet? Or is it just more blahblah blahblah . I would pay a month;s subscrition just to check, but if I asked the question I would be [smileyvault-ban.gif] .

mmm that feels like a bug to me, Eric. Show/not show score only reviews should be a userlevel thing. Oh wait, bad bug report. Here:

Issue: If a given CT user has “Show Score-ONly Reviews” set to False and clicks a TN link that was posted by a CT user who has that flag set to True, the first user’s setting will be toggled from False to True.

Expected: The “Show score-only reviews” setting should not reset in this case. Users will assume that this setting is a per-user preference.

That really is unbelievable.

That is so bush league.

My apologies in advance for the drift. Is that big thread which I had started still alive on Social Hall? Thanks.

No. Buzz started the same thread as this one over there too.

No, that doesn’t do it. The published notes are links to wine pages. They don’t have the view state.

Guys…this is simply a setting that you can “choose” to see wines pop up with “only” a score, and no note. I for one, don’t want to see “only” a score…does nothing for me…and for those that don’t as well…then follow the steps to turn them off.

As for Squire’s closing my other thread…how pathetic! He definitely has something against you Eric, and CT!

Wow.
I just went over to check this out, but when I logged in, my screen started to flicker and the somber tune of a strong quartet could be heard through my speakers.

Hmm… But surely simply visiting a link shouldn’t reset my preference? Or am I misunderstanding you? If I visit a page from someone else who has the opposite setting and THAT PAGE shows or hides TNs according to their pref, meh. But if all subsequent pages I view (not just in that session, but at any point in the future) have inherited their preference, that feels like a bug. I certainly consider that setting to be how I want to view TNs… i.e. tied to me, not to the wines.

91 points on that.

If so, truly pathetic.