There IS a God - but I got April fooled

I just got an email invite to a free LAFITE tasting at one of my friends homes…

I am stunned… THere is a GOD after all who answered my prayers!

here is the invite!

Update : I have been had by an April fools joke as did 20 others that
got blinded by the thought of such a tasting. I have been had!!

“I am having a vertical Lafite tasting at my house.
I have decided it is time to try all these wines and see if they are as good as the Chinese think they are.
The line up is: 1961, 1970, 1978, 1982,1983, 1985, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000. This is my treat but if anyone has other vintages that they want to bring feel free. All I ask is that you please be on time.”

Considering I have tried Lafite only once in my life, this will be a wine tasting for the record books for me personally.

Why do I feel like I just won the lottery?

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I have been April Fooled. :frowning:

as did 20 others

how do I delete a thread
sorry about that
but damn the invitation looked so authentic

[cheers.gif]

Delete it?!?!?! Are you kidding?? This should be a sticky!

Well done on your “friend’s” part. [rofl.gif]

Wrong! Just wrong!

What made this so believable is that my friend actually owns all these wines and his invite list was rather extensive and included about 20 serious wine drinkers that we mutually know. He had been considering selling them to Chinese buyers , but mentioned he wants to taste of few before he makes a final decision.

Just about anyone else, I would have written it off immediately, but with him, it would have been a real possibility.

It wasn’t until Serge (one of the 20 invitees) said he would bring 1 bottle of each first growth, one DRC and pay for the limo to the party that I realized this was full of b.s. Serge would never do that, lol !

Working throughout the day , multi-tasking , I didn’t give it very much thought of being April Fools Day.

The funny thing is: 19 of the 20 invitees all fell for it. Serge was the only one who recognized the b.s. right away.

I spoke with the offender and he laughed told me he was getting emails from others offering food, cheese plates, other vintages of Lafite, etc.

Paybacks suck and I do aim to to offer up some payback in his honor. maybe some plonk in an old Margaux 86 bottle I have. Or possibly in a Vega Sicilia Unico 1970 should also work.

I like the story about having his wife skinny dip. In all honesty, she probably would do it, ha!