Cayuse Release Weekend

Just received the email reminder from Cayuse regarding the release weekend April 8-9.

The wife and I are planning on being there. Who else plans on attending?

Any tips or recommendations from those who have attended the (previously fall) event? (i.e., Friday vs. Saturday, other things to do in Walla Walla, etc.)

From my limited previous experience, any day of the open house is going to be crowded. Not necessarily in a bad way, but crowded nonetheless. It’s a fun time and a wonderful chance to taste all of the wines.

If you don’t have a lodging reservation yet, get right on it now as places fill up quickly for the Cayuse weekends. There’s another thread here about restaurant suggestions…
Restaurants in Walla Walla - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers.

If you enjoy older architecture, stop by the chamber of commerce on Friday (29 East Sumach Street) which is not far from Whitehouse-Crawford, and pick up a free map of the Historic Homes Walking Tour. We have enjoyed doing that in the past. Other activities can be found here: http://www.wallawalla.org/

I hope that helps with your planning.

David

We’ll be there Fri-Sun. We’re probably just going to cook meals at the house we’re staying at (which, VRBO.com has a really good selection of rentals in WW).

Other tasting plans include:
Reynvaan
Rotie Cellars
Kerloo Cellars
Sleight of Hand
Buty
Waters
Gramercy
Long Shadows

We’re going to stay at the Inn at Abeja. It’s a rare weekend away from the munchkins so we’ll splurge.

Dinner reservations at Saffron, South Fork Grill, and Whoopmeup.

Our planned tasting stops include:

Kerloo
Rulo
Gramercy
Rotie Cellars

The wife and I are finally making this trip, already set up for a stay in Waitsburg at Nothing New Lodging as the Whitman was all booked up. Kind of convienent as we are doing Whoopemup and JimGermanbar for dinner, that way I can have all the mixed drinks I want and walk back. Would reccommend the Wormranch and Andrae’s Kitchen truck for lunch time palate cleansing.

Definately going to the following:

Reynvann
Gramercy
Sleight of Hand
Waters

and will probably add 3 to 4 more stops in there at some point.

Unfortunately for me, I’ll be going to my 15th Opening Day/Night for the Mariners that Friday …which means that decision should result in: [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Mel & I are going, staying @ Marcus Whitman. Dinner Friday night @ Whoopemup and also tasting @ Reynvann + Gramercy. You like vinyl you got to check out Hot Poop.

Will be in for Saturday. Staying with friends locally and other stops include Reynvaan, Sleight of Hand and Gramercy so far.

I’m impressed by all the love that Trey at Sleight of Hand is getting. Great guy and great wine.

I think I’m going to try and taste Rasa and Rulo as well that weekend.

Will be there …

Planning on time at:

Reynvann
Long Shadows
Gramercy
Buty
Syzygy
Sleight Of Hand

Dinners @ Saffron, based on suggestions from the folks on here

As a note- Gramerecy has a new barrel storage facility that also has a “tasting” room. We basically built a man cave for times like this. We will have that room open for this weekend. 635 N 13th Ave (old Amavi space)

Look forward to seeing you all. Also, don’t miss Brasserie 4 for dinner. Or lunch. Its definitely a favorite with great international wines as well.

Bump! Staying with a friend from college in town.

It is way early, but if anyone is there tomorrow (Wed) night, let me know. I’m over there for work and staying in Walla Walla.

Let the countdown begin. I will be rolling into Walla Walla friday afternoon.

Tom

We arrive in W3 tomorrow and will be hitting Kerloo and Rulo on our way to Cayuse on Friday. Saturday’s line-up will be Reynvaan, Rotie, and Gramercy.

We’ll be getting in Friday around 1 or so, our tasting plans are:

Friday: Buty, Gramercy, Waters
Saturday: Cayuse, Reynvaan, Rasa, Sleight of Hand, Kerloo
Sunday: Rotie, maybe Long Shadows

I seriously can’t wait to get out there!

We get in noon Friday.

Dudes…it’s almost here! A year and a half in the making! I’ll be rollin’ into W2 around 1pm on Friday and will immediately be hitting Rasa followed by Gramercy, Buty, and then Abeja. After that, will be attending our 3rd Annual Cayuse Bash where we are really going to get jiggy with it.

Decided to get Cayuse “out of the way” early on Saturday and then would like to bother Rulo, Trust, Syzygy, and maybe Rotie if we have time. Dinner for 12 at the Fat Duck where we will be consuming Rayas, 82 Montrose, trio of Huet, Clos des Papes, Beaucastel, a Cayuse magnum, Pax Cuvee Christine, and some other kickin’ vino. Maybe a mag of Neutral Barrel if I’m nice to Christophe!!

Would love to meet up with other Cayuse freaks after dinner on both Friday and Saturday…maybe at Brasserie 4?

Ack. My wife has a cold/flu + conjunctivitis and based on how my eyes feel now, I may be joining her shortly. Currently in the process of canceling my reservations/appointments… it really bums me out that I am going to be missing all the great wine, fun and that special Cayuse Camaraderie. [cry.gif]

Q,
You guys are dropping like flies!! Get well and we’ll honor you and Hollowell as they do in the hood for their dead homies by pouring some Cayuse out onto the ground. Peace.