Whatcha opening for Valentine's Day?

I’m taking a 1994 Schramsberg Reserve sparkler to Zare at Fly Trap in SF. We served this Schramsberg at our wedding.

'02 Grace Family Cabernet with Tri-Tip and Dot’s Cupcakes for the kids.

Bowmore 18

NV Duval Leroy Brut. Served with hazelnut crusted halibut, olive oil glazed pasta with prosciutto and peas topped with fresh Romas and shredded Reggiano. Nights like this are ones to not think too much about the wine, so I needed an easy drinker.

Agreed. 2008 Sinean Celilo Vineyard Gewurztraminer

Zip.

[snort.gif]

Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose.

$69.99 @ Costco [cheers.gif]

We started with a little Ketcham Pinot (big surprise) and now enjoying some Alpha Omega PS.

2007 Joh. Jos. Prüm Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett

My Valentines wine:

Posted from CellarTracker

de Venoge Brut Rose [cheers.gif]
With Thai food
(a little BYOB resturant)

Cheers
Rip

Didn’t go out last night (never do on V-Day). Sandi and I went to Osteria Coppa in downtown San Mateo on the 13th. We drank '98 Clos des Papes and '05 Janasse Cotes du Rhone Villages “Terre d’Argile”. This bottle of Clos des Papes showed that wine has reached the plateau stage. Drinking beautifully, but in no danger of falling off the cliff anytime soon. The Janasse with its 30% Syrah and 30% Mourvedre components was very earthy and slightly animal (in a good way). Went very well with our ribeye with fresh horseradish sauce.

We finished up the 2nd half of the Janasse last night.

Started with a NV Barnaut Grande Reserve Brut and then tried a 1998 Chapoutier La Bernardine which was corked. Then opened a 2001 Montelena Estate which was fine but seemed to be shut down a bit. It went well with the Flannery Waygu Shortribs (with 3 bottles of wine used for the sauce).

I drank a 2004 Sloan Napa Valley Cabernet… Heavenly! That bottle definitely won me over…

Nada, zip, zilch. Made dinner and opened up a Moulin Tacussel Cdp, for myself after sweeping up the basement. Considering the over hype of the holiday, I prefer to drink alone. [snort.gif]

Couldn’t get a date? neener

2006 Rivers-Marie Sonoma Coast Pinot

Tart fruits. Needs a big decant.

2004 Salvestrin 3D

Seven of Hearts, of course

(08 WV to be specific).

2008 Sojourn Russian River Pinot. With chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered espresso beans. Tasty and a tad spicy and earthy.

Dave
ITB Calicaro Wine
www.calicaro.com