TNS: 02 Dhondt, 90 Jadot Griottes, 03 Jadot CSJ, 98 Fourrier

2002 Dhondt

Tight with beams of acidity to start, but rounds out nicely after a couple of hours. This is a wine that you can seem to taste the soil and promises to be stunnning with time.

1990 Jadot Griottes-Chambertin

Smelling this was like being a kid on Christmas, bounding down the stairs and seeing presents under the tree. Rose petals, subtle earth tones, cherries, raspberries and on and on. The tannin is integrated, the wine is seamless and elegant. Why didn’t I collect Burgundy circa 1993? Oh yeah, I was drinking Beast Light in college .

2003 Jadot Clos St Jacques

Opened to see if this warranted a larger purchase down the road. Massive and unforgiving initially, smelling a little candied and liqueur-like. After a vigorous decant, this provided pleasure though the wine was still ridiculously young to judge. Reflected some minerality and intense red fruits accompanied by spice. Should be a nice enough wine in time, given a reasonable price. Almost jarring to drink after the 90 Griottes.

1998 Fourrier Clos St Jacques

This was very elegant in the same vein as the Jadot. Not as full in the mouth as the 90 Jadot, but there was an interesting campfire/smokiness/charcoal underneath the fruit. I know it doesnt sound that appealing, but it was very pleasant. Didn’t get to enjoy this one too long before the decanter holding the wine began to roast on the burner of the range .

Ha - was inadvertently placed on the range and the wrong burner was turned on to make mac n cheese.

[dash1.gif] [help.gif]