Sad about Summa?

Who should get the fruit?

• Rivers-Marie
  • Littorai
  • Both

0 voters

Yes, but that’s not a poll option.

I chose RM

while the littorai summa was always one of my favorites out of the lineup it was just too expensive. $45 for RM summa and $60 for OV versus $80 for Littorai.

I doubt TRB is picking riper than Littorai from the same vineyard. At least not enough to really come out in the bottle.

I’ve like Littorai’s Pinots but have never loved them. And very often they seem very mediocre even before you factor in the aggressive pricing. They have plenty of vineyards to work with anyways.

Price was an issue in my vote as well. Though I think R-M wines in both absolute quality and, as a result, QPR. Nothing wrong with Littorai and they have been successful, but TRB was able to put himself in a position to purchase the vineyard for a reason. He is a fantastic winemaker with a large following who has kept pricing very modest in his venture into winery (and now vineyard) ownership. This is showing through in the poll results.

That means you don’t vote. I didn’t.

Cheers,
fred

+1

Didn’t Brogan Cellars make a pinot from Summa?

I believe 2004 was the last one they made, possibly 2005.

Brogan also made a 2006 Summa, however it was called ‘Michaela’s Reserve’ for some reason.

Who, what, where or why is Summa? [tease.gif]