Karl Lawrence Mailer

Just got the letter today. As always, I’m in for all they’ll sell me! Always a winner in my book. What say you?

No brainer.

Looking forward to the 08’s. Plan on getting a mix of 375’s, 750’s and mags.

No mailer here yet in Nor cal though. As usual the warmer areas get it a few weeks before the cooler areas.

Got the mailer in So. Cal. Definitely a buyer, but looking forward to some tasting notes before deciding on large format stuff.

\

Tyler,

What do you think about the Aldin Red Table Wine? Do you ever buy it?

Love the Aldin. Always ready to go earlier than the regular KL

Thanks Eric! I purchased the 2005 & 2006 Aldin and will probably order some of the 2008.

While I think the Aldin is good stuff I usually dont buy any. For $36 I usually divert those funds towards more KL or other purchases. $30ish Napa cab is hard to come by and the Aldin has never blow my socks off.

I finally tried some of the Aldin’s I have and wasn’t that impressed either. I’ll prob not buy any more and let the ones I have sleep.

I’m in for the regular bottling as always.

Never miss it. One of my favorites!

Great wines and fun tastings from genuinely nice people in Napa. Always a fine bottle.

I’m in for the regular cab. Tried Aldin last year, and was not very impressed.

I’m a big fan of KL wines, but I have been buying them via retail lately to avoid the shipping costs (especially since I’m never in the case purchase range to lower the per bottle cost).

+1

Jon,

What vintage of the Aldin did you try? I have some 2006 and was wondering if they are ready to drink.

Just got back from a bar area trip and had a great tasting with Jon at KL up on Howell Mountain. Got to taste the 05 reserves, the 07 (again) and the 08 KL, chard and Aldin all while playing bocce ball. Nice.

I thought the Herb Lamb and Dr. Crane both needed more time to integrate the oak, but had good potential to really blossom. Would love to revisit these in 6-12 months. The Gary Morisoli was just singing and hitting on all cylinders.

On to the 08s. The 08 KL is indeed much more “lush and plush” as the mailer said. Very approachable in its youth, and more akin to 07 than 05. Fair use of oak and very pure juicy black fruit. Easy buy. The fiancee loved the chard, which had a deft hand of oak but holds it together well. My palate was shot by the time we tried the 08 Aldin red, but I recall it being a nice daily drinker.

Seo,

Thanks for the tasting notes. I have purchased all their 2005 Reserves except the Gary Morisoli. I will definately buy some in the fall.

In for 6