TNs: Recent Whites and Sparklers

Most all of these wines were tasted on different days over the last week. They were primarily consumed by my wife but I had at least a glass of each. She rarely lets me share her wines . . .

Domaine William Fevre Chablis Fourchaume 2005:
Fresh and citrusy on the nose, with a touch of mint and white flowers. Sweeter citrus fruits emerge on the palate, along with some minerals and a bit of hazelnut. On the finish there is a note of lemon oil. 89 points

Domaine Jean & Sebastien Dauvissat Chablis Montmains 2003:
Slightly tropical and minty on the nose, but also a bit of funk jumps out as well. Flinty, almost smokey, but with some citrus fruits in the middle. Unfortunately there is some sulfur that creeps in as well. Overall this is not the best wine I have had from these guys. 85 points

Domaine de l’Ecu/Guy Bossard Muscadet Sevre et Maine Expression de Gneiss 2006:
Lemon, lime, grapefruit and peach nectar erupt from the glass. Some minced peach and apricot paste are blended with a healthy dose of minerals, a touch of gunpowder and good viscosity. Really nice. 90 points

Pazo de Senorans Albarino 2007:
A good mix of stone fruits and citrus, some wax and oil and a bit of dusty earth. This wine has good length and a crisp, pleasant finish. Excellent for the high humidity here in Atlanta. 90 points

Billecart-Salmon Nicolas Francois Billecart Brut 1998:
Pears, white flowers and spices make up the aromatics. White peaches, Bartlett pears, Fuji apple skins, the essence of creme brulee and some orange marmalade form the core of the wine’s flavor profile. Additional components include some slightly nutty aromas, some red berry fruits and pink peppercorns. Really a wonderful Champagne. 93 points

Egly-Ouriet Brut Rose Grand Cru NV:
Fresh strawberries, redcurarnts and red apple skins are paired with smoked pears, baking spices, lemon peel and crushed Autumn leaves. Nice, but not overwhelmingly wonderful. I guess I wanted a little more. 91 points

Love the notes on the sparklers, Liotta. I do believe I had that same Billecart at Jan Brekke’s house…can’t recall the vintage, however.

I really like the Fevre Chablis, they make some very nice wines, at great price points IMHO.