My First Casualty (beware rant ahead)

In case anyone was wondering whether Black Kite or Turley made stronger bottles, put your money on Black Kite. I went downstairs thinking I would spend a few minutes and finally put away the 6 bottles of Turley I kept from the last mailer. Of course the bottle shape of Turley completely suck ass and I have about 3 places I can put them. One of those places is the top shelf of my Vinotemp where I already have some Black Kite pinot sitting (also relatively poorly shaped bottles, but not as bad as Turley). Well of course the sh*tty Turley bottle goes sliding off the top shelf almost as soon as I put it there. In my hands is a bottle of Black Kite so when I go to “catch” the falling bottle - smash goes the Turley right into the Vinotemp. WTF?!?!?

I HATE these f*cking bottles. An entire bottle of wine splattered out among about 100 bottles of wine that actually fit into normal storage space. What started as a 5-10 minute project turned into 1 1/2 hours of wiping down bottles and the inside of the Vinotemp (note my post time and that I live on the East Coast). Not to mention there are shards of glass everywhere and my hands are covered in cuts and stained red.

I was on the fence for the last Turley order - not entirely b/c of the bottles but because I “discovered” Carlisle zins and the value just didn’t seem to be there. Needless to say I have place my last Turley order after this fiasco.

Sounds like a common issue - it’s such a shame that they stick with these bottles when the complaints about them are absolutely overwhelming.

Pax changed, one day Turley will too.

I agree. Turley has created a very successful brand, and their packaging is a big part of that. One of the toughest things to do when marketing a product is distinguishing yourself from your competitors, and their bottle does that very well. For every wino the threatens to drop them because of their bottles, they have five tourists in their tasting room who make a complementary comment about them - while walking out with a case in their hand…