Rhys Odds & Ends

I received an explanatory email from Rhys today announcing the Odds & Ends sale that opens at 8:00 a.m. EST next Tuesday. There are 5 magnum bottlings on offer, as well as 5 2006 Alesia .750s – the San Mateo and Sonoma are offered for $29 and $35, respectively, FWIW. Rhys always includes shipping in the pricing, plus this offer includes a 20% mixed case discount on the .750s. That’s tough to beat.

Incidentally, on the magnums some are first-come, first-served, others are offered to people who ordered a lot over the last year, and the Alpine Hillside (20 bottles) will go to the 20 customers with the largest Odds & Ends orders.

I received the same email. I’ve been quite impressed with their Pinots but as everybody here knows, I’m already 30 bottles OVER capacity…and counting

This should be interesting. I shouldn’t buy anything but it would be hard to pass up a mag of estate stuff if I get offered any.

Does that mean you will not be competing for more Rhys PN on Tuesday morning, or that you will be attempting to increase the extent of your cellar space fail?

E-mail fail once again for me… [blackeye.gif] The Rhys order system has never liked me - if it wasn’t for the boards, I’d never know when to order!

Does the e-mail list what mags/750s will be available, and what their prices will be?

I knew there was a reason I started this thread!

Here are the magnums with prices and quantities:

2006 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir - $119 (100 1.5L bottles produced)
2006 Rhys Alpine Hillside Pinot Noir - $149 (20 1.5L bottles produced)
2006 Alesia Green Valley Pinot Noir - $99 (30 1.5L bottles produced)
2006 Alesia Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir - $79 (30 1.5L bottles produced)
2006 Alesia San Mateo Pinot Noir - $69 (100 1.5L bottles produced)

Happy hunting.

Same for me. I really shouldn’t be buying any of it, but I don’t know if I’ll have the willpower to pass it up.

Thanks! A mag of the Alpine would be nice!

I’ll take a mag or 2 of the alpine if offered, there is also some 750’s of the 2005 Fairview Ranch Syrah which I only originally purchased 2 of that I will probably take.

Edit: Wrong thread… ignore! [blush2.gif]

Brad - it is actually 11:00AM PST and 2:00PM EST but who is keeping track of time anyway. [highfive.gif]

And whose keeping track of grammar either?

[rofl.gif]

Russ, thanks saving me the trouble of trying for 6 hours to figure out why my login and password wouldn’t work. I guess I need to go back and work on my time zones. D’oh! [blush2.gif] [blush2.gif] [blush2.gif]

I suppose I’d rather be 6 hours early than 6 hours late for this one.

To be pedantic, so does Russ since it’s 11:00 PDT (not PST) / 2:00 EDT.

Andy

Were you allocated an Alpine magnum?

No dice for me… I’ll regretfully have to pass on this one - I might have gone for the Alpine mag, but my budget has no room for case buys of $30 to $40 wines. I love Rhys, but I’ve gotta be responsible for a while…

I didn’t get allocated Jack. Too bad, I would have definitely bought a mag or two of the Alpine. Kevin, you know where to find me. [1974_eating_popcorn.gif]

Hey Phillip, it was actually first-come first-served for the mags and they were all gone within 5 minutes, so there really weren’t any allocations this time around. We just need to bottle more mags next time…