Back on the Rhone wagon again!

Just realized that Domaine Gramenon is back on the track.Haven seen those wines for a long time, used to be a Parker fav.
Are these wines available in US, no newer notes as far as I can see?
They have some delicious pearls, last night I tasted a vibrant, light summerwine, (which is needed at the moment)
Côtes du Rhone “Pourpre” 2008, Maxime Francois Laurent(the widows son), then a more serious wine called " Les Laurentides" Côtes du Rhone Villages 2009!
This really blew my mind, juicy, vibrant and great drinking potential.
Rhone Valley I´m back if this is the fragrance, no sulphur,no chemical winemaking,just pure wine expression.
Tonight “Sagresse” another pure experience, I hope!

A bit late but Happy New Year to all of you [winner.gif]

Thanks for the alert, Montbrison was so far not on my radar regarding
wine and good Cote du Rhone. Will check them out…

Cheers
Christian

Thanks for the tip, Dr V–and a belated Happy New Year to you! Hope all is very well with you and yours and that there’s nothing rotten in the dtate of Denmark!

Randy,
Everything is fine here apart from the weather, changing wine focus now and then.
At the moment Spain in on the Radar,some french wine too Beaujolais and some Rhônes as well, US wines are not my focus apparently, have some Saxum, Kutch (Pinot Noir) and Lilian (Syrah)…and of course as always loads of Champagne [dance-clap.gif]

Hi Randy,
Long time no see.

Hope everything is OK.

Welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. But what is this “15 minutes from Noma” location. You told me you hated all the weird stuff at Noma. I’m looking for an excuse to go to Europe this summer. Any good ideas? I could bring some real California wine.

Hi Jay, yes I’m back , Been away for a long time (since 2011), but I realised , my account was closed , so I fixed it and added my latest e-mail.
I have changed my signature and this stuff about NOMA!
You could visit Copenhagen.

They used to be seen fairly widely in the US (I think they were a Robert Kacher import???), but I have not seen them here in probably 20 years. Not sure whether that means they are not here anymore or not.

You can still find Gramenon, but it’s stunningly cher. The Ceps Centenaire, which I remember buying from a Kacher tasting on the early 90s for certainly less than $15 now costs in the high $60s in New York. I have to say I haven’t tasted it since I drank up the case I bought from that tasting, no doubt within a few years. It may be worth that tariff, but I would be surprised, much as I liked the wines then.

if you are back to drinking Rhone wines, then you are off the wagon.

Voodoo reminds me of the Beatles and some significant wines. On eBob, we posted on our greatest concert experience. Dr. V saw the Beatles: winner.

P.S. Speaking of Rhones, I had a terrific 1999 Jean-Louis Chave Hermitage Blanc. A beautiful wine that paired well with a sole.

It was a note from 2009 neener
I just read it again as I started to watch WINEBerserkers again a slip of time almost 10 years [wow.gif]
Today it´s Burgundy, Piemonte and Spain almost, Rhône not so much or Champagne , my palate change often [dance-clap.gif]