Chilean Wines

I am going to Chile soon.
I would love some ideas on wineries to visit.
All suggestions gladly accepted.

Garces Silva and Perez Cruz are a couple that have been producing some very nice wines. PM me and I would be happy to provide some contact info for them.

Cousino Macul is the legendary Cabernet producer there - a lot of new world money has filled the pipeline in upscale cuvees out of Chile - but I still think these guys produce the best Cabernet in Chile with their reserve bottlings - and they have the oldest cellars in Santiago -

And the chance to taste some of their old bottlings, which are superb - A '74 Cabernet Antiguas Riserva last year was just superb -

Up the street is Domus Aurea. Amazing cabs. No formal tastings allowed, but if you are polite and show that you are truly interested in wine (vs. getting hammered while on vacation), the assistant winemaker will take you around and barrel taste with you. It my was friends “ah ha” moment with wine. Warning-- he tried to dissuade us by charged $40 a head, but I am stubborn and said okay to his surprise. Worth every penny IMHO. Both Domus and Macul are easily accessible from Santiago via public transportation followed by a 10 minute walk.