Fat Cork- A great new Champagne retailer

I’ll get the disclaimer out of the way first, this is a brand new business owned by my friend Bryan Maletis. I have no interest in the business except well wishes for him and delicious Champagne for me.

The company is called Fat Cork. Bryan and his wife went to Champagne last year and found 30 grower Champagnes which were not imported into the US. They are now bringing them in and selling them via the web, or if you are lucky enough to be here in Seattle, you can pick them up at their very cold retail space. I was lucky enough to be his first customer and have tasted two of the three selections I purchased and have been elated with both. His wines range from Brut Nature to Demi Sec and there is a price range for everyone. The site provides great information on the wines as well.

Mods- I am posting this as information to the Berserker community, and am trying to be mindful that it doesn’t sound too much like an ad as I type. If I need to edit the language, please let me know.

Where is the store located?

It’s on Lower Queen Anne. They are still building their permanent space with the tasting bar, nice fixtures, ac units for the summer, so they are in a smaller space which has more of a warehouse feel for now. It is well organized and I’d recommend sending Bryan an e-mail to set up a time to come by.

Members are certainly entitled to review retailers if they choose, and you have disclosed the nature of your relationship with the owners. Sounds ok to me.

Anthony.
I think heads up on a new business is always appreciated.
Sounds like he should do well.

I just checked out their website - nice!

Alot of interesting wine- ones I’ve never heard of…
Good luck to your friends! [cheers.gif]

Cheers
Rip

Did you by chance have the Jean Baillette-Prudhomme Rose de Saignee, if its truly dry and that electric color I have to give that a try.

I know Maletis well myself, and was glad to hear he was doing this all those months ago. Hope everyone supports his venture.

Wanted to bump this as there was a nice bit on WineBusinessOnline.

Wine Industry News" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

**I don’t import, nor sell any Champers to Bryan.

Thanks for the info. I’ll look forward to visiting if we make it to Seattle this summer.

Love the name. Screams out for a line of t-shirts!

Bump.

Anyone here buy from Fat Cork? I have a couple co-workers (who are by no means wine geeks) that belong to this club and tell me it’s fantastic. I am not very knowledgeable about champagne and am considering joining. Any insight on the selections and value?

9 year old post resurrection?

Let us hope that it survives the Fat Orange.

Why not? I searched and found a thread on the topic I wanted to discuss.

I’ve never done the club (I have a personal policy against any wine clubs), but I have placed numerous orders from them and have always been happy. They have some interesting stuff, and my experience is that their customer service is great.

Damned if you search, damned if you don’t. :slight_smile:

I ordered from them once because I wanted to try a wine that only they were importing. I found their customer service, packaging and accompanying materials really well done. That said, I think their prices are… “a little high” would be putting it mildly. I really can’t understand why they are charging what they do.

Yeah, that’s kinda what I was worried about. Thanks for the feedback

This is a great looking site. Oh well, budget busting again. Thanks for the posting. champagne.gif

Maybe because they are in WA state, home of some of the highest alcohol taxes in the nation.