SHS 2002 on sale by Shafer January 20

Well hmmmm

We wanted to alert you that on Thursday, January 20 at 9:00 a.m., Pacific Standard Time, our online store will offer you (Hillside Select List members only) the opportunity to purchase up to two bottles of 2002 Hillside Select®.

We will offer up to two 750ml bottles per Hillside Select list customer at a price of $350 each plus tax and shipping. Unfortunately we do not have enough bottles for everyone on the list, so this is a first-come, first-served offer, which will end on or before February 16, 2011.

100 pointer, but I think this is an easy pass at $350.

Zero interest at that price.

Seems like a fair price after checking wine searcher. More than i can afford to add to my cellar though.

Might be worth it just for the provenance.

Christian,

That has to be the selling point. The price is not really a bargain, but you know the wine in the bottle is what is on the label, and you know that it has been stored and handled properly.

IF money was no problem, a no brainer. However - it’s an easy pass.

Spoke to the folks at Shafer this afternoon and they told me that, to their amazement (and mine), the library release sold out in a matter of hours on Thursday afternoon.

Good for them. They are a class act and make wondeful wines. Mind you, I wouldn’t have paid that price for 2002 SHS, but I’m sure those who purchased are happy.