Cayuse rocks the 'box...

My first time on the list pulls a trio of the 2009 Cailloux Syrah. Probably in for this.

However, I don’t see where to wishlist anything…is this normal for Cayuse?

Its lists like this…

When I get the offer I wonder why I even signed up in the first place, gave my small allocation to someone else on this board.

pass

Gotta start somewhere. How are they supposed to know your level of interest??

Would you drop SQN for not getting Mags and 3L the first go around?

lol, the size of the allocation is not the reason I passed

You submit wishlist requests after your order is finalized (paid for).

This was my second allocation (1 3pk of God Only Knows), and I wished for a 3pk of Cailloux along with a couple other things, and didn’t get anything granted. It makes me really curious why they wouldn’t grant a wish request from a current customer but would add a new customer. Honestly frustrates me a little bit. Nothing against you Phillip, just a bit frustrated at the situation in general.

didn’t get on so i guess i’m a little more frustrated than john. as for the allocations and wishes - looks like they’re spreading the love. not a bad thing…

How were you notified? And when did you join the waitlist? Thanks.

I signed up fall 2007 and was notified I made the list via email

Signed up 5/30/08, notified via e-mail.

Thanks for the info about wishlisting. John–no worries; seems a bit odd to me too that 3 bottle allocations aren’t uniform. Not sure I have encountered that before.

Just a personal point of reference here. I’ve been on the list for 4 1/2 years and have gone from 3 bottles the first year to two cases the last order period through wish listing additional bottles each time. If you like the wine/style it really isn’t that difficult to up your allocation within a reasonable period of time.

David

This is somewhat frustrating to read. I signed up in late Jan of '08 and am still waiting.

Rico - not a fan of Cayuse funk?

I generally see these allocations from hard-to-acquire wineries set-up in two diametric systems. One has deep allocations for a chosen few and the other shallow smatterings to a reasonable number of consumers clamoring for wine. Not really sure which is more satisfying to the public consumer.

the wines are ok, I wouldn’t go crazy over them like others do.

Thanks, David. This is encouraging. My first offer was a 3-pack of G.O.K. I wish listed everything. Second offer (last fall) I got the G.O.K. and and also the En Chamberlin from the wish list.