Exceptional QPR--NV Jean Laurent BdN--best deal in 5+ years

Had it tonight at WVB and it was beyond my wildest expectations. It starts out full throttle with lemon and orange and quince and lots of roasted hazelnuts. Deep, full budied Champagne, one impresive wine that would go well as an opening, and much better matched with food. With air it becomes less poweful yet more complex and more finess. This is Octomber 2006 disgorgement. 94-96 points.

And the killer is that I got it for $21.73 per bottle.

As an FYI so that we match palates, this is not like the 96 Duval Leroy Bdb (on the citrus, elegant side) but more on the full body NV Krug yet with more complexity. Mel actually commented how she prefers this to the Krug.

Otto

Otto - WOW! Where could I get some?

Todd, this was an Alex special from JJ Buckley. It was actually my first purchase from the Alex special. The price is irrelevant, the wine is that good. It certainly depends on the palate and I like both full throttle Champs and delicate ones but this was great on the full throttle.

Remember that run of the mill 96 Krug that I brought to the OL, this is nothing like that, you will say wow.

If you can’t find some online, when you stop by in SD I’ll open one up for us! [smack.gif]

Otto

Well, it shows on their site but out of stock, and about twice that price. Let me know if you have access to more!

If not, we’ll do it in SD!

Sounds good. Seems that some of the latest disgorgements of this wine are really good. I recently picked up a half case each of the BdB and Rose for $27.99 each and was thrilled at that price. You got one heck of a deal.

http://dat.erobertparker.com/bboard/showthread.php?t=199583&highlight=jean+laurent is the source of this fantastic find.

the offer is a month old already, so looks like we missed out…

Dan Kravitz has some 'splainin to do 'cause we pay a lot more than that for that stuff WHOLESALE!