Made the Carlisle list

A late Christmas present hit the email this morning…

Good news! The wait is over and you have been added to our mailing list.
The next mailer should be going out January 13th (I hope!) and will be delivered to this e-mail address.
Thanks again for your patience. We hope you find the wait well worth it.

It will be interesting to see what a newbie is offered, but will take all that I can get my hands on. 2011 is starting off well. [cheers.gif]

Same here. Just got the letter after many years of waiting. Looking forward to the offer as well.

Can someone shed some light for us? What wines are offered in the Winter release? Also, what can a someone thats new to the list expect for an allocation?

Thanks.

When did you guys sign up?

I believe I signed up in 2007 or 2008 but don’t have the month.

Congrats guys. Welcome to the party! [cheers.gif]

Alas, still the waiting list for me :frowning: (July 2008 signup). Maybe next year…

I made it as well! I’ve been lucky enough to get others to share with me and am happy to now be able to buy my own!

I believe I signed up in 2008 at some point, but not certain – it could have been earlier.

I don’t have specific info about the upcoming (Jan. 13) release, but during the year I expect Mike to release old-vine Zinfandel from Bedrock, Papera, Gold Mine Ranch, Monte Rosso, Montaffi, Martinelli Road and Carlisle Vineyards. Several of these vineyards are new to Carlisle. Given the quality of the '09 vintage in the North Coast and the distinctive nature of the vineyards, I am looking forward to all of these with special anticipation.

+1 :frowning:

+2 - here’s to next year!

I’m July 08 as well and got waitlisted. Next year it is.

been helping you guys out lately as i haven’t been taking anywhere near my full allocation

Additions to the mailing list might be harder to come by given what happened to the zin crop in 2010 with the heat wave. I’ve heard various reports that Mike lost part of his zin crop including Papera. Would love to hear something more definitive on what zins will be forthcoming in 2010. Needless to say I intend to load up on the 2009 zins.

Tom

Still waiting…

I remember hearing that either part of or all of carlisle vineyard was lost in 2010.

I heard both Carlisle Vineyard and Papera are a total loss for 2010…

Same here since I’m not a Zin guy and I only buy the Syrahs, Petit, and blends. But I’m thinking I need to give this Zinfandel bit another go!

Still waiting (since Mar 08).

Waiting, but only since 3/10, so I guess I shouldn’t complain. Oh, why not [swearing.gif] [head-bang.gif]

Love the stuff. Do not love the large amount of wine I have cellared. Will be happy to share some of my allocation. Not all, I just like the juice way too much for that.