TN: 1990 Dom Perignon

WOW!!!

Brought to Marea. By far the best showing i have had for this wine. Gives the great '82 I had in 2009 a run for it’s money. Everything was in perfect balance. biscuit, citrus, nutty, bubbles, acidity, honey on the nose, a touch of sweeteness on the palate. Huge finish. Agree completely with Lisa Perrotti Brown’s score from Mar 09 (98pts)

Nice to know. I’m bringing one to a dinner on Tuesday.

This is a wonderful Dom Pérignon, in my opinion. Certainly it is one of my favorite vintages of DP.

Thanks for the note, we enjoy DP and haven’t had the 90 yet, but there’s a bottle in the cellar waiting to be popped, now I’m thinking sooner rather than later.

+1

I have had this vintage of Dom twice in the last two months. One was a mag, the other a 750. Both showed VERY well. Great sparkler.

It is also on tap for New Years Eve. My last bottle :frowning:

haven’t had a 90 dp in a while and this thread makes me want one!

I had the wine a couple of weeks ago and loved it…

1990 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon (France, Champagne) 12/11/2010 rnellans 94
Deep yellow. Nice brioche, hazelnuts and citrus aromas. Rich, with nice mid palate and sweet finish. Wish I had more! (1147 views)

Has anyone had the 1990 Oenotheque?

I personally like the regular release over the Oenotheque at this point. The regular release 1990 is at a near perfect place right now and will probably get better and cruise for at least another 2 decades, IMO. One of my favorite vintages for Dom as well!

Not a great Oeno and definitely not worth the tariff.

PS - Just saw Jeff’s post and I agree the '90 original is currently better, but I will add that I think it always remains so.

Interesting wine. I don’t know how many bottles of this I’ve tried, perhaps 20. Basically disappointing to me. I’m not a fan of the 1990 Champagne vintage much. Low acidity and mucho ripeness, out of balance. Seems to be aging fast track. Never had from Magnum or a known pristine case, so perhaps all bad bottles. People always seem to love this wine and I would love to catch a good bottle.

1990 Oeno is my least favorite Oeno of all. Just doesn’t pop. 1995 blows it away.