TN: 2005 Ruston Family Cabernet Sauvignon. Napa

• 2005 Ruston Family Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/5/2009)
    A very admirable cabernet indeed. Medium light color. Great pure cassis on the nose with some cherry cola. There is a nice acid/tannin level that makes this a sure fire hit with food. (Roasted lamb chops). Black fruit profile with curant, black cherry, black plum and some tarry earthiness. A real nice plushy mouthfeel that belies its price point ($19.99). Medium weight on the tonque with some vanilla oaky notes that should flesh out in about a year. A clean and exact finish. This will be one of my house wines this summer as I just HAPPILY bought a bunch more. (good luck waiting the year). (91 pts.)

Thanks Mo Kang!!!

sounds like a case for the Boston krew is on order, thanks for the notes mike!

I’m glad you liked it Mike. I find that if RP and WS agree on a good score, that there is a very good chance that I will like the wine. This is a no-brainer at $20. I bought a case, but I am tempted to buy another one for gifts and cellaring. What do you think about aging potential? I’m thinking it will improve for another 5 years and drink well for 10.

I find it remarkable that this wine is still available. My friend just ordered a case too.

Rico…order it up - worse case scenario, I’ll take 6 if no one wants the rest

Mo, sweet drinking for the next year or two for sure. 5? Not too sure. Not too much stuffing to carry it.

Where is this $20? I’m a big Ruston Family fan.
Pobega-good on ya’. Sounds great.

Woodland Hills Wine Co.
CA: Woodland Hills. No minimum order Shipping estimator on website Ruston Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2005, 2005 $19.99
Bottle

Wine Exchange
CA: Orange. No minimum order for in-stock items; futures minimum is 6 bottles per order. Delivery charges apply. RUSTON FAMILY 2005 CABERNET SAUVIGNON ORIGINAL RETAIL $45!, 2005 $19.99
Bottle

Gone at winex far as I can tell

Try calling. There were several cases on the floor right before closing time tonight. :wink: