Tell me about "Passport to Pinot" at IPNC

I can’t do the full weekend , but I’m considering doing the Sunday “Passport to Pinot” event. For those of you that have attended before, please share your impressions…as in was it a good time, did you taste great wines, was it educational?

Thanks in advance.

It’s been a while since I’ve attended to IPNC, but if this is the Sunday event, the same wineries that poured over the weekend pour wines for the half-day. It’s aimed more at folks who didn’t attend IPNC (I think we attended the first time we went to IPNC, but not thereafter). It’s a chance to taste from 70 producers in a casual environment, IIRC.

The event is held out in the Oak Grove on the Linfield College campus (same venue as the Salmon Bake). The featured wineries from the event pour the same current releases they poured during the IPNC alfresco tastings. The event basically includes a late lunch. I haven’t been in years, but the only complaint I’ve heard is that it’s hard to get around to all the wineries in the time allotted.

It’s a good way to taste the wines from all the wineries in attendance in one afternoon. The event isn’t so large that you can’t get a pour, but you have to be serious if you want to taste everything in the time allotted - particularly since some in attendance like having long, drawn-out conversations with the pourers, apparently not realizing there are others in line behind them. Dress for heat.

Great comments. Thank you very much.