Recommendations for wine stores in Phoenix/Scottsdal/Cave Creek?

Am heading out there for Thanksgiving, looking for a store that should have decent variety/value. For T-day, looking to get a case for casual drinkers, e.g. about $12/bottle. Then a couple of nicer bottles for the weekend…

TIA

• AZ Wine has a store in old town scottsdale and one up in Carefree. They have great prices and selection

• Oakville Grocey just across street from kierland commons often has some unique stuff and Dave, their som, is the best in town.

• Village Wine Cellar @ Gainey Ranch has a great selection of boutique wines and runs great weekly specials

In addition to what Chris posted above (I particularly like Village Wine Cellar), there are several “Sportsmans” in town that carry a nice selection although don’t always have the best prices. Somewhat sadly I suppose, Total Wine is often one of the best options for a decent combination of price and selection.

Thanks! I’ll check these out.

I agree that AZ Wine Co. is a great place to shop, both in Old Town and Carefree (my local shop).

Total Wine in Desert Ridge is always a great place to browse (and get overwhelmed sometimes).

Brix in Cave Creek is a small wine shop but has a fairly focused selection with some good juice. Not the cheapest, though.

Bill

I second Brix. Brian, the owner, is a great guy. 90% of their inventory is California though.

Bill/Chris-- Why don’t I see either of you at the AZ offlines?