TN: 2008 Yalumba Shiraz Patchwork (Australia, South Australia, Barossa)

• 2008 Yalumba Shiraz Patchwork - Australia, South Australia, Barossa (11/10/2010)
    Drank over 3 days.
    Pop and Pour - Dark ruby, nose closed, palate spicy and fruity. After 30 minutes in the glass I felt like I was waiting for the bread dough to rise. Big yeasty bread dough aroma permeated the air. @ 1 hour it had some perfume on the nose, a big fruity palate with some residual yeast. Re-corked.
    Day 2 - Still smell the bread dough otherwise the nose is pretty reserved. Big juicy, fruity, jammy palate with a hint of dusty tannins on the medium finish.
    Day 3 - Still huge fruit with a mid-palate Syrah tartness showing through and a bit of spice. The tannins are there but still hiding out. Alcohol was hidden pretty much all 3 days.
    Overall this needs to rest and find itself. 3 days wasn’t enough so give this one some time or some serious air. I’d like to revisit it in a couple years and see where it goes.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note. I’ve had mixed experiences with Yalumba but am always on the lookout for that special Aussie.