TN: 2006 Toulouse Vineyards Pinot Noir

• 2006 Toulouse Vineyards Pinot Noir - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (4/27/2009)
    Traci and I cracked this to accompany a steak salad with a blue cheese dressing. Terrific Pinot. The color is about medium garnet. On the nose there are spices, red apple and little bit of anise. The palate starts of a little light but definitely gained some weight after about 30 minutes. Terrific balance of acidity, fruit, mouthfeel. SHows just a hint of a beet root, a little earth, pepper and red sour cherries with a medium length finish. We only bought the one bottle of the 06 and one of the 07 - which is a little tighter and more structured and will probably be better down the road than the 06. But the 06 is drinking very well right now. Enjoy! (90 pts.)

this is Anderson Valley right? had this wine last summer in LA and really, really liked it too.

It is Anderson Valley. A retired firefighter who has been farming the vineyard and selling the grapes is now making wine from the same grapes on the property. Super nice folks and if you are ever in the area, I would suggest stopping by for a tasting.

I second the motion to stop in. They probably make/taste too many wines (I seem to think it close to 10 last time I was in), but it was well worth the stop.

William - when I was there (on a Saturday morning about 1 month ago) we tasted a few but no where near 10.

We tasted the 06 and 07 Pinot Noirs, the Pinot Gris, the Rose and maybe the Riesling. They did encourage or not discourage us from retasting something. Plus we played with the dogsā€¦