Wine descriptors for Cayuse

A recent thread asked me what my favorite Cayuse was. I read my recent notes and they ere all great. Here are some of the adjectives. What are some of yours…

Road tar, fresh road kill, meaty, bloody, sweaty, herbal, volcanic, sausage,nirvana, pure, inviting, burnt rubber, raw, sexy, smoky,primal, sweaty socks, earthy with a touch of goat, Minty, menthol, eucalyptus , All with a little arm pit in the background, intellectual, hedonistic

All of yours, but would add; pig sh!t, barnyard, black olive, OMFG!, intoxicating, wet goat hair, endless, moving target, ever evolving, beyond words, Heaven in a glass.

Fresh road kill?

roadkill= bloody meat with a bit of wet fur

Umami, cabbage, seaweed, green buds [wink.gif] , proscuitto wrapped pancetta, black tea, white pepper, George Clinton and the P-Funk, and every cherry imaginable…

Gary Busey would be a big Cayuse fan!

Green buds… that’s awesome! [winner.gif]

Love everyone’s descriptors! As Cayuse is sort of dear to my heart, I’ll offer my “typical” descriptors for each bottling (flavor patterns, if you will)…

Bionic Frog – Blood, iron, minerality, nectar of the gods, asphalt, crumbled earth, smoked meat, restrained funk

En Chamberlin – Mike Tyson Punch-Out styled KO, funk-adelic of the highest order, sour cherries, pickle juice, beef jerky, rare game meat, blood, animal fur, “Once it hits your lips, it’s so good. Fill it up again!”

Cailloux – Freshly cracked pepper, rocks, earthy goodness, dried pineapple, black tea, great mouthfeel

En Cerise – Dark cherry fruit, grilled meat, polished, tangy, plush tannins

Armada – The smell of this wine literally almost knocked me on my ass, cabbage, fur, bacon, roasted pork, seaweed, chocolate, gingerbread

Impulsivo – Smokiness, carnivorous, blackberries and plums, more roasted game meat, spicy oak, blackened lamb, saline

Widowmaker – Herb-y (more in the line of Darren’s green buds than the Volkswagen bug), cassis, hints of green pepper, opposite of over-extracted Cali Napa bombs (fruit-wise), powerful, muscular, interplay of savory vs. sweet

God Only Knows – Herb-y (even more like Darren’s :slight_smile: ), feminie, more Angelina Joile than Pam Anderson, olives, twizzlers, wild strawberries, herbs de provence, bright cherries, sneaky length

Flying Pig – Outdoor Mexican market, flared your nostrils like smelling salts, dominated by smoke roasted poblano peppers, juicy plums, more restrained funk

If you’d care to see all of my Cayuse notes in all of their…or not so…glory, here is a link…

Tasting Notes from 'Cayuse' - CellarTracker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Jared, now my mouth won’t stop watering…and my Cayuse is 2500 miles away…unguarded…lonely… [tease.gif] [help.gif]

Care to describe Neutral Barrel? [snort.gif]

Spot on! In memoriam of old school Cayuse release weekend…may have to pop a bottle this weekend!

Scott…agree on the mouthwatering but a little scared to Jared’s thoughts on the Neutral Barrel :slight_smile:

…and little pieces of rubber.

Jared-

Thanks as always for your Cayuse expertise.