Long Shadows Vintners????

Any body know anything about them? Costco here has their full portfolio.

http://www.longshadows.com/wineries.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.longshadows.com/aboutlsv.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had the ‘Feather’ that Randy Dunn made – it was pretty good. That is all.

It’s a really interesting project with a group of talented winemakers as you can see from the website. We’ve carried most of the wines from the Long Shadows Project for a couple vintages. I’m surprised to hear they are in Costco. All the wines have been good in the past, I haven’t tried the current releases.

Ms. Bowman, they have at least three cases of each. Don’t know if it is some sort of promo deal or what. I am interted in the Rolland and Duval wines.

The website explains everything, but it is a project Allen Shoup started a few years ago. Well known winemakers are invited to work tiny vineyard sites. The two that have been exceptional in the past are the Chester Kidder meritage and the Poet’s Leap reisling.

Bill,
I was only surprised they are in Costco because my impression is most of the production has not been that big…
The Pedestal Merlot (Michel Rolland) and Sequel Syrah (John Duval) were very good the last time I had them but it was the 2004 vintage, haven’t tried them since
Cheers,
Carrie

No had this Long Shadows Bill, but when you see this, grab it:
Long Meadow Ranch Cabernets

Big fan already of Long Meadow cabs and their olive oils. Would like to try their beef sometime…Highland Cattle from Scotland.

I’ve only had the Pedestal merlot from them and it was really quite good. Haven’t tried any of their other offerings.

Bill,
Pedestal (Rolland), and Pirouette (Melka) were the stars last time I worked with these wines. The Pedestal is typical Rolland style, very tightly wound. I had good response on the Pirouette. Feather did not elicit the same response as Randy’s eponymous label, but that was at least a year ago.

They all seem like good wines if the price is right.

Thanks for the 411. The prices look to be around 10 to 15% lower than what is published online.

Yea Bill, I got to try most of the Long Shadow lineup and there’s not a dog there. If you can get them for under $50 a bottle buy them. I liked the Feather and Pedestal the most.