There's hope out there fellow Texans...

Had a buddy that doesn’t post on any boards send me this via email moments ago:

http://www.star-telegram.com/l...e/story/1334034.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like our Lt. Gov. is a big wine lvoer and would like the ability under state law to bring his bottle of wine to his favorite restaurant. We might just get corkage in our near future. You go Mr. Dewhurst. We’re behind you all the way.

The link doesn’t work, but I hope corkage gets some serious consideration. That would be great news.

That’s weird. Was working fine for me earlier. Try this one.

http://www.star-telegram.com/legislature/story/1334034.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, that almost sounds like BYOW is a probability. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that the LT’s favorite Austin restaurant does not all of a sudden find a source for LT’s favorite wine.

Exciting news. [highfive.gif]

This sounds great.

The only problem is that there are a 1000 ways to kill a bill in the Texas Legislature and this appears to have to get through the House and on to the Governor. If there is some group dead set against this, they could have a trap anywhere along the way. However, it would be a risky move to kill this bill when it has such a personal attachment to the LG. If some group wants it killed, they (and whatever legislator they would use to do their dirty work) better be ready to pay a hefty political price down the road or hope David Dewhurst is no longer in power when they need something to go their way.

We should keep an eye on this one!!

Chris

BTW - It’s Senate Bill 2523 (SB 2523) if you want to look it up. Of course, it allows corkage (no problem) and that corkage to be taxed like alcohol.

Chris

[d_sunny.gif]

I hope that this goes through for you guys…its a great think to be able to bring in your own wines. I wish people would look more at Campania and see just how much business is brought in through wine being able to be brought in.

If you live in Texas, you need to call your state senator and rep ASAP to give this your support

I’m checking with my strategic political insider to interpret how these bills (House and Senate versions - identical) are doing and what the likelihood of success is. House version was referred to committee which may not be good, but I need to check with my guy who knows the strategy of getting things through.

Chris

Good luck Texans!
Our former Guv’nah passed a take-home regulation to many accolades back in '06.
(never say Mitt Romney did ~nothing~ in office hahah)

Made it through the senate, but it is buried in committee in the House. It does not look good. Call your state rep today!!!