TN: a few bubblies

Schramsberg Mirabelle NV Brut Rosé - California
This was our warm up bottle. And a nice bottle of bubbly it was, too. The wine is light salmon colored with a robust bead and a creamy mousse.
I pick up pinot noir on the nose, and some barrel smells, vanilla mostly. It is light and lively on the palate, especially when colder. As it warms up, it picks up some winier notes, and is less interesting. Still, better than it needed to be for about $15

Paul Déthune NV Grand Cru Brut
Light in color. Very effervescent mousse. The wine is all acid at first, with very little poking through. It is light as air on the tongue. As it warms, it turns creamy on the palate, lots of green apple flavor. Correct, and tasty, but it didn’t really ring my bell.

Marcel Moineaux 1998 Grand Cru Blanc de Blanc Brut
Oh yeah, this is more my cup of tea. Light amber in color, the glass just pumps wonderful aromas of yeast and biscuits. There’s more biscuit on the palate, along with roasted nuts. This is a complex wine, and it’s in a really nice place right now. Delicious.

Re Mirabelle, maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I had not been aware of the 93 points from the Spectator. The anticipation of a a 93 point Rose left me sorely dissapointed. :frowning:

Thanks for the notes. I bought a bottle of the 02 Moineaux from Garagiste but will let it alone for few more years. They accidentally sent me a bottle of NV one time that they let me keep and I thought it was of very good quality. I need to try more domestic sparklers as well.