2007 St Innocent VC & 2005 Eno Fairview Ranch Pinot

2007 St. Innocent Pinot Noir Villages Cuvée - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (4/7/2009)
Nice fruit and vegetation elements on the nose. The palate is clamped down tightly. Lots of tart tannin. This wine always needs a little time but this the 07 may need an extra year. Drinking well right now but not for the acid adverse. Wait 3 years. (89-90)

2005 Eno Wines Pinot Noir Fairview Road Ranch - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (4/8/2009)
Worried about lots of comments regarding the synthetic cork, I decided to drink this earlier than I last planned. This was showing VA and oxidization. Aromatically it was off-putting to me. The front and middle palate is nice as the pure fruit cuts through but on the finish it is a bit like sherry. I have enjoyed this wine in the past but I think I am going to dig out my other bottles because of worry about the corks. (85 pts.)

Cheers,

Jason

Another case of infantcide on the St. Innocent, and then tell us to wait three years.

Dah, Do you think! [gheyfight.gif]

Why don’t you chew on some vines and give us a TN on the 09’s?

I am not that familiar with the St. Innocents…I just had two the other night. Is the VC, the same as the one that just says “Willamette Valley” on the label?

Jason, I tasted this wine recently and had a somewhat similar impression. Here’s my note:

• 2007 St. Innocent Pinot Noir Villages Cuvée - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (4/9/2009)
    Gorgeous nose of candied strawberry and a splash of dirt, and spice. Palate doesn’t quite live up to the nose, but this is good enjoyable PN. 88 on the palate, but the nose lifts it to 89-90 for me. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Zachary, I think we’re talking about the same wine. The picture on CT shows that it says Villages at the very bottom beneath the Willamette lettering - I don’t remember what it said on the bottle I tasted from, but I think St. Innocent makes only one non-single-vineyard appellation blend.

Totally. I mean, Jason, really… why on Earth would you be curious to follow any wine’s evolution when you could simply wait to open your entire supply on that glorious night in 2015 when Gordon will approve? [tease.gif]

Here is a follow up from Sasha (Eno) …

sorry to hear that the wine/cork wasn’t performing. we started seeing sim. issues back at Pinot Days Focus Tasting (Richard Jennings noted it and then had a follow up tasting note from a different bottle). i’ll send you a PM and we’ll take care of it.

robert, we used Neocorks from 2003-2005. moved to screw caps in 2006- current.

A class act and great wine-maker, so I am glad he is done with the Neocorks.

Jason