TNs: Godolphin, Loring, Turley, Pax

2006 Loring Aubain
Typical huge Loring nose of sweet cherries. The palate follows through with sweet candied cherries and cinnamon. I was hoping for this, was looking for some candy and got it. Medium weight and long sweet finish. Some days you just want a Loring.

2005 Amon Ra Godolphin
Dark in the glass. Nose is somehwat tame with dark fruits and a little funk. The palate is medium to light heft. The palate is missing some fruit and complexity. This bottle was off. Had another recently that was much better.

2004 Pax Alder Springs
This could be my favorite Pax to date. Huge nose of grilled meats, dark, roasted fruits, baking spices. No blood, surprisingly. The palte is just as big with dark cherries, plums, meats and some more spices. Velvety texture and just a hint of heat. Great finish with a little acid. Delicious.

2006 Turley Juveniles
Sucked. Light nose, light palate. Right flavors but it tasted like someone had poured a glass of water in the bottle. Bleh.

What is the usual drinking window on Pax wines? I have tried only a few Pax wines at most (I only remember a Pangea drunk in 2005 that was very good) and I have a bottle of 2005 Pax Alder Springs in the cellar…

I would let that sit for a while, 05’s from up here tend to be a bit more structured and higher acidity than 04. I would wait another couple of years on them.

Ive had maybe 15 different pax bottles 2003 and on…I had never had one that was even close to ready until tonight. And mind you, this bottle tasted young…but I like young wine. The last 2003 Obsidian I had (about 6 months ago) was shut down hard. This one was great!