New Winebid Website

Thoughts on new look and useablility?

I didn’t post my opinion first but here it is:

It [swearing.gif] sucks.

Hopefully its an [oops.gif] and will review the boards comments before going live.

I spent like 2 minutes or so, but it seems easier to drill down with the search

I spent a few minutes on it today. I don’t see much wrong with the old one (other than I can’t frikkin get a frikkin built in link to frikkin CT). I’ll switch as soon as they make me unless someone can tell me of some new feature that will make it worthwhile.

seems a bit busy and slower

not a fan

Really bad idea going from a full/fluid width site to a fixed width site. Trust me, I know, I know. If these guys had spent five minutes reading feedback about GrapeStories versus CT they could have saved themselves a lot of time and headache on that one…

Can’t stand the look of it; it makes it harder to spot virtually every piece of information. I also see that a click is required to access stored searches instead of listing them on the side of the page like before, which will result in thousands upon thousands of unnecessary clicks. The current site is great. If it ain’t broke…

love the quote…

“fine wine for the privileged many”

how blech…

Terrible look and feel as compared to the prior edition.

I thought it was fine. Just takes a moment to get used to. Can’t wait until this site is the old one and everyone’s moaning about leaving it behind. [snort.gif]

One big improvement is that they show the bottle condition on the search results screen, whereas previously you had to click on each wine individually to see that.

I also see that the search terms actually function differently on the new site, which will require everyone to replace a lot of their saved searches and may even make some of those searches impossible or very complicated to perform.

The autocomplete dropdown is very nicely done.

Overall I think I’ll like it but it will take some getting used to (I still haven’t switched over from the old CT format…).

However, it does seem a little harder to scroll through an entire page of wines. The old site had font that was IMO easier to scan quickly. The new lighter colored font with less contrast to the background, along with what seems to be more space taken up for each wine (only 5 appear on a single screen shot on my monitor) will add some time to the weekly scan.

hmm… I don’t agree about the fixed width design. The full width fluid design of the current/old site leads to VERY long text runs on large screens and long text runs kill readability.

And, sorry, but the current site sucks. Go click on a country in it, then in the new one. IN the current one all of sudden the country menu replicates itself in the middle of the screen?

AS with CT, most of you are simply used to one way of doing things and don’t want to change. You know where everything is and can click around without needing to think about it. But the current Winebid site is a UX/usability disaster for any new or occasional visitor.

Huge one for me. I used to surf the site and track stuff, only to take about 80% out b/c of condition.

Also, the purchase history is MUCH improved.

Some improvements, some strong negatives. I really dislike the photographs and preferred the cleaner look of the previous site.

Ok, I’ll bite… why do you not like the photos?

My recollection is that you used to be able to click on the photo and get a nice zoom which seems to be gone. On the plus side, they no longer have the utterly obnoxious right-click context menu blocked as they did on the old site. Juvenile stuff.

I hate the new site. There was nothing at all wrong with the old one, it was fast and easy…this one is a real pain to navigate and see.

The zoom on a bottle view is still there.

I’m somewhat bemused by comments like Saxon’s as the new site has all of the menu options of the old one as far as I can tell, and doesn’t do the silly crap of duplicating menus.