Winebid. Got my eye on....

http://www.winebid.com/buy_wine/item_details.aspx?ItemId=2861987-C7308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone have one recently?
I always liked Calera. But wouldn’t the ‘old vines’ part have caught up with its age by now? [gen_fro.gif]

I don’t know about this one but I had the Jensen a couple months ago and it was killer. It might be worth a shot.

year-in, year-out i prefer Jensen. what was 87 like as a vintage?

i am trying to acquire the 82 Mag of MB but this has been bid up!

I love Calera and they age wonderfully, but they aren’t joking about the “young vines” part. From the Calera website:

"Mills Vineyard
The 14.4 acre Mills Pinot Noir vineyard was planted in 1984, nine years after the original Calera plantings. The vineyard was named for Everett Mills, a neighbor and friend who made it his business to keep an eye on Josh’s progress during the early development years, in the hills south of Hollister. This vineyard was planted on its own roots using plant material from the original vineyards. The Mills vineyard is located between 2,200 and 2,300 feet above sea level on a gentle south-facing hillside that slopes down toward Harlan Creek.

Pinot noirs from the Mills Vineyard are characterized by a fragrant spicy, cedar-like aroma, with underlying cherry and red berry fruit. Flavors include plums, olives and bittersweet chocolate. The wines have a long finish showing broad round tannins."

I think that the older Jensen, Reed and Selleck vineyards produce somewhat better wines. By now, the difference is less. I’d have to think in 1987 the difference was more pronounced. By the time you’re done with the various charges, I don’t know that this bottle is much of a bargain. I have a some '94 and '96 Mills in my cellar if you want to do a CLONYC Pinot Noir night (although I’m happy to see the Zin night with Satan has been struck from the roster of CLONYC events). [gen_fro.gif]