TN: 1997 Giuseppe E Figlio Mascarello Langhe Nebbiolo Status

• 1997 Giuseppe E Figlio Mascarello Langhe Nebbiolo Status - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC (7/10/2010)
    Bought this 4 years ago at a Zachy’s tasting where it was the QPR of the tasting. It contfinues to hold up well. Popped, decaqnted and poured. The nose is soft mushrooms aand forrest floor. The palate is tart cherry with truffles and a bit of earthiness, but there is no characteristic nebbiolo creosote. Some sharp acidity and continues to reflect tanins not fully resolved, excellent effort. No los of color, perhaps even darker than other Piedmont wines, with no signs of bricking, fading or oxidation. Although alcohol not aparent on the palate, it does seem to hit me in the head. I was once told be the god-daughter of a well-know Piedmonte winemaker that they lie about their alcohol content to save on taxes, and I am not surprised after this one. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

This brings back memories Jay, that was a great tasting and your right this was an excellent qpr. Bought a few back then sadly they’re long gone.