Dusi Ranch Zin

I’m headed up to Paso tomorrow and was curious as to who other than Ridge and Turley make a Dusi Zin. Someone told me there is a J Dusi winery ? True ? [foilhat.gif]

I believe Mary and Dan, at Dover Canyon do. She is an active board member.
Check thier web site to see tasting room hours, but I think they are open on fridays.
Calling Mary Baker, come in Mary. You got your ears on?

IIRC, Tobin James, Stephen Ross, and Four Vines also make/made a Dusi ranch Zin as well.

That sounds about right, John. I think Chumeia may get some fruit as well. And we sold some excess juice to Grey Wolf in 2007. Here is a link to Janelle Dusi’s website: J Dusi Wines. Love the photos!

Dusi Ranch is a very large area with three distinct vineyards on it … Benito Dusi’s, Dante Dusi’s and Matthew’s. Ridge and Dover Canyon buy Beni’s fruit, all the others buy from Dante and Matthew. It’s all high quality fruit of course, the Matthew vyd is relatively young – about 20 years I think? And portions of Dante’s were ripped out in the 1960s and replanted in the late 1980s. Turley takes much of the Dante Frontage Road fruit which is younger, along with part of the older vines I think, but Four Vines gets the Dante Hilltop, which is the original planting around the family home. The Dusi’s are a large and loving family, and it is a privilege to get their fruit.

We do have four new zins available this weekend (yay) including the 2007 Old Vine Zinfandel, Benito Dusi Vineyard and a syrah. I am updating the website hopefully today.

Thank you Mary-

I’m putting this all in my notes of things to do. We only have 36 hours so location is everything this time. We’ll try to swing by.