2007 Schrader Allocations

Just got the email. My allocation dipped down to the “Perfect Pair” offering of the 2007 CCS and GIII for $150/bottle. Last year (my first offering) I was able to buy the 5-pack and magnum. From what I understand production is way down for 2007 and all allocations were reduced. Either way, I picked up my 2 bottles along with a $48+ shipping tab… [shock.gif] .

Which makes me wonder if I should go grab that bottle of 2005 CCS I saw locally for $152.

I probably won’t get and offer…but freakin’ ouch on that shipping.

Bill, it is all the way across the country to VA…the whole country. It’s a big place…

Let’s see…I ordered a solid case of Ridge Lytton Springs last month and delivered ground to me in Tejas, halfway to you on the East Coast, was $36. Granted it was ground, but come on.

Whatever, dude, my 2 bottles are “presented in a signature wood case”. I win…

Sarcasm aside, when I saw the shipping costs I basically had to stand up and grab my ankles before submitting my order. It is what it is, though, and I’m not expecting to see these on retail shelves even with the crappy economy. I also believe these wineries when they say they aren’t making money on the shipping - we’re just getting hammered by the shipping companies out there.

I’m hip…

I would purchase if given the opportunity.

Bill. pm sent

Impressive Mike. I guess it’s a good day to be a Berserker right Bill? [berserker.gif]

Always who…not what you know.

$70 for shippining 3 + magnum to San Diego. However the $25 increase in price was not bad.

My experience? 42% of what and not who…

Overall perhaps, but not necessarily applicable as it pertains to the acquisition of wine.

At least my 2 bottles are traveling 3,000 miles…damn.

Maybe they are heading west via Hong Kong, Istanbul, London & NYC.

I see there are already a couple of posts on the other site’s CC saying “PM with offers”. I guess the combination of incredible scores and reduced production makes this one recession proof?

Looks that way.

So Mike, are we to assume that TR Brown is also a sabre rattling Republican??? [haha.gif]

The shipping costs are hign but at least they do ship to AZ and I don’t have to double ship. [gheyfight.gif]

C’mon Jack…we tote firearms these days.

In case you haven’t noticed Mr. Second Amendment, my avatar no longer does. It’s all Ausone baby. [big_boss.gif]

Bah…