TN: 1983 Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Jimsomare

• 1983 Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Jimsomare - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (3/30/2009)
    Classic old Cab nose of redwood, leather and tea. Palate is still weighty in the middle, almost over whelming the finish. The acidity is there but not as fresh and lively as other Jimsomare bottles have been. Clean with a touch of tartness and a light cedar and redwood expression. Worked well with dinner and held up in the fridge over night. Not much room to grow here but should last some time longer.

Posted from CellarTracker

Cris, is this 100% cab?

took a nice photo of Jimsomare last w/e and posted it here on a Monte Bello thread.

It didn’t list anything other than Cab and I’m not sure there is any other Bordeaux varietals in the Jimsomare vineyard. The old Zins can be crackin good also. [cheers.gif]

The youngsters ain’t too bad either.

Baby killer. With so much potential hard to believe in cracking them young. [diablo.gif] And just so’s ya knows, if you get your hands on any young Jimsomares the production is falling WAY down due to vine age and they are going to pull it and replant soon. I believe they have already started on some of it.

Interesting note. Tough vintage. No Montebello in 1983. I remember there being a fire sale on the declassed '83 Santa Cruz Mountains Cabernet half bottles at the winery during the '90s. Was a nice drink then but I wouldn’t have thought anything from that year would last another decade plus. Very cool.