TN: 2006 Windy Oaks Pinot Noir Estate Cuvée Schultze Family

• 2006 Windy Oaks Estate Pinot Noir Estate Cuvée Schultze Family Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (3/30/2009)
    Popped and poured, drank over the next 2 hours. Translucent red color. Very floral nose, strawberries, dirt. Semi-sweet red fruits, bracing acidity, nice mouthfeel. Well balanced midpalate. Finishes with an acidic kick, more time in bottle should smooth this out. Very enjoyable, easy to drink wine. Paired well with seared tuna and chinese vegetables.

Posted from CellarTracker

I liked the '05 out of the gate more than the '06. Me thinks you are correct that the '06 could use more time in bottle. Good things in store for these round about 2012. Thanks Brian.

Day 2: Deeper red color. Earth more pronounced on the nose now, spices emerging. Acidity has dropped dramatically on the finish, now hitting only the back of the throat for a moment. I am very excited to have several more bottles of this so I can enjoy its evolution over the next few years.

Have a go at a bottle of the reserve if you really wanna be impressed. [good.gif]