WTSO - Domaine du Grand Tinel Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2007

$26.99 this morning at WTSO. Tasting notes are a little thin on Cellar Tracker. As I’ve come to expect form the boys at WTSO, a quick search reveals that their “best Web price” is BS.

So, whaddyathink?

Mostly grenache, aged in large old foudres, so no new oak. Only a Parker 90, which probably means it isn’t spoofed all to hell.

I haven’t had the 07, but in prior years, this has been a nice wine, but not great. Seems like a fair price, but again, I have not had this vintage.

It seems WTSO takes the best price, adds in the cost of shipping one bottle, and then comes out with its price. I suppose thats fair, but rarely does anyone ship one bottle. I may be wrong about it, but the few times I tried to verify their best price, thats what it seemed like.

Went to WTSO a short time ago to buy a six-pack, and it was gone. WTF? Remember the good old days when they’d leave a wine up all day…

I tasted the 2006. I liked it, but it is definitely Old School. Somewhat rustic, less intense, and not as obviously ripe.

Which doesn’t sound all that bad.

A different wine (the Cuvee Alexis Establet) from the same maker is on WTSO right now; 94 RP Pts for $35.99, free shipping with 2. Can buy it locally for about the same price so might not bite on this one.

I got a couple. Loved the 98 not so much the 01. no sales tax and free shipping so competitively priced.

I did the math and changed my mind, at the last minute apparently. The next offer came out within 15 minutes of my placing my order. [wow.gif]

I bit on a pair of the Cuvee Alexis Establet as well.