TN: 2006 Rivers Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

This ain’t your typical thin and enemic PN. Fairly dark in the glass with no real likeness to most of the CA PN that I drink…which admittedly is basically limited to what Philip opens for me. On the nose, very strong aromas of cherry and some vanilla. Palate is dense and you can tell who the winemaker is. Cherries carry over and there is a slight hint of oak. Great acidity on the wine now. Very well made and it will solidify my decision to purchase my first allocation.

Cracked one of these a couple of Saturdays ago and Traci’s friends said, I found my new favorite Pinot (and her father is the GM of Benovia WInery)…it’s very good.

Thanks for the note Tex. Several of us loved this over dinner a couple months back. My others are sleeping for the time being.

I had to try the lone bottle that I had before I committed to the recent mailer. This is a bottle that I got in trade from Frenchie back in the Fall. Really a fine bottle that is drinking well early.

Looks like we both have the same taste in Pinot. The '06 is rocking with time in the decanter.

FWIW - I got an email from TRB this morning letting me know he was granting my wish list + mag. If you haven’t yet ordered, you may want to move quickly.

Thin and anemic would definitely not be a TN on what I’m used to drinking from CA Pinot Noir. Big, bold, and in your face are some of the usual descriptors.

I couldn’t have said it better myself, but these RM pinots are good ain’t they.