Much love for Cayuse from the Spectator

Harvey revealed 6 of his Cayuse 2007 reviews and he seems to like them…He also reviewed both 07 Reynvaan wines (93 Contender and 92 In the rocks).

97 – Armada (the 06 actually)
95 – Frog
95 – Cailloux
95 – En Cerise
94 – En Chamberlin
91 – Widowmaker

Thanks Jared, Someday I’ll have to try one.

people still care about WS scores? newhere

I’d love to open for you sometime. Maybe you’ll even be able to stomach a full glass!

Hey dude, all I need is an invite and I’m there.

BTW, nice to see you posting over here.

Actually, yeah. When a major wine critic gives love to my favorite winery, I think it’s pretty cool. Guess I’m no longer one of the cool kids.

You dig WA wines - thus like Andre 3000 said, ‘You’re cooler then cool!’

Did they put out any additional WA scores in the issue? Other wineries that is…

These scores were from their weekly Insider email they send out every Wednesday. The only other WA wine in there was the 07 Sleight of Hand Levitation Syrah (93pts).

I had a bottle of the 2007 Cayuse En Cerise at an off line two weeks ago. It was excellent. If only I could find some in retail or make the mailing list. This is my 3rd year waiting. Waiting to make the list is like deadhorse

This is probably my most-desired to make list. I do have a solitary bottle of 06 Armada… and will likely pop that soon.

I have much love for Cayuse, do I count less than the Spectator?

No love for the GOK Grenache eh? When I tasted thru the 2007s, it was actually my favorite, with the Frog and En Chamberlin following not far behind.

Love the Cayuse and agree with Jared, always nice to see love #'s from someone whose initials are other than J.M. Also nice to see some love for Reynvaan and Trey’s Levitation Syrah (Lewis Vineyard = Yummy).

3 years waiting? Now you know what it is like for those of us waiting on the SQN list. Will gladly consider a long term Cayuse<->SQN sharing agreement, send me a PM if interested.

Yeah, I’d like to know too. After a three or four year wait, I finally got my first offer and it was a three-pack of the G.O.K. I know that they start newbs out slow but I’m hoping for a wider allocation of the '08’s in the fall.

Jared - how do you compare the 06 Cailloux and En Chamberlain to the 07’s of the same?
Thanks

My advise is to wishlist everything that isn’t guaranteed (don’t worry, you won’t come close to getting it all). That has been a good way for me to increase my allocation with them over the years. In fact I got the Bionic Frog after doing that 2 years in a row and now I’ll always be guaranteed at least 3 bottles of that from now on, assuming I don’t miss ordering it one year. I hope that helps!

David

Indeed, it does. Thanks a lot, David. That’s exactly what I did this first time so, hopefully, I’m on the right track.
[thankyou.gif]

3 years waiting? Now you know what it is like for those of us waiting on the SQN list. Will gladly consider a long term Cayuse<->SQN sharing agreement, send me a PM if interested.

Don’t remind me. I have been on SQN waitlist since 2004. > deadhorse

Wow, that’s quite a score on the Armada. I made it off the list this year, but didn’t receive any wishlist requests. But my allocation was 3 armada, so I’m happy with that. Can’t wait to try it…eventually! They’re still sittin’ at the winery, naturally… until Springtime 2011!

+1

That’s been my experience also. Would love to pickup some Bionic Frog on the next wishlist… I think with that I would be all set.